It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Free Newsletter

What do you eat for breakfast?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

What do you eat for breakfast?

Postby Feybie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm just interested in what everyone eats for Breakfast. I've been eating weetbix and a scramble concoction with 4 whites and 1 yolk, and sometimes a little 97% fat free ham or chicken shavings.

I'm thinking I need to stop adding the meat to the scramble mix and maybe stop eating my weetbix...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcsBWmS/]
[/url]
Feybie

Re: What do you eat for breakfast?

Postby soniad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Hi Feybie,

this might sound really bizarre but a few years ago a nutritional scientist convinced me to cut out most grains from my diet. I was having digestive problems and this guy is a big rap for the alkaline diet.

He believes that you should eat protein with every meal but that protein should be offset with more vegetables than protein to balance out the acidity.

So anyway he suggested that I try this: chop up 7-8 different vegetables (I use homegrown greens such as chinese cabbage, silverbeet or spinach, tomato, zucchini,mung bean sprouts, capsicum, cellery; the list goes on. You can even use frozen veggies if you don't have time). You put these in a pan with a little water and a small dash of olive oil. Put the lid on, steam for about 3-4 minutes and then add one egg. Mix it all through cook a little further, add some sea salt and pepper; it's magnificent!

I have to admit I was sceptical at first because I have a real seet tooth and I LOVE grains. The idea of deviating from my sweet breakfast didn't ecxactly appeal but I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it; now I'm hooked! It really is delicious and my health is much better as a result. I have been doing this for 2 years now. I still have grains on Sunday because I love them but most of the time I do this. I chop the veggies the night before.

Try it out:)
soniad

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Personally I have a serving of rolled oats (30g) with low-fat soy milk and some sultanas. It keeps me full until lunch-time.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Feybie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:32 am

I just tried to post a reply, but it didn't work.

I was just saying that I love the sound of your vegie concoction. I'm going on a month long teach round in two weeks, thoug, and wont be able to cook breakfast in the mornings because I teach aerobics before school. For that month I think I'll have to survive on a protein shake in the morning till morning tea, or something.

I'm def going to give this concotion of yours a go!
[/url]
Feybie

Postby soniad » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:03 pm

you won't be disappointed - it's delicious! :)
soniad

Postby kristal » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I have Special K with Lite White milk and a Green Tea. Keeps me full until lunch most days.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby Feybie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 am

soniad wrote:Hi Feybie,

this might sound really bizarre but a few years ago a nutritional scientist convinced me to cut out most grains from my diet. I was having digestive problems and this guy is a big rap for the alkaline diet.

He believes that you should eat protein with every meal but that protein should be offset with more vegetables than protein to balance out the acidity.

So anyway he suggested that I try this: chop up 7-8 different vegetables (I use homegrown greens such as chinese cabbage, silverbeet or spinach, tomato, zucchini,mung bean sprouts, capsicum, cellery; the list goes on. You can even use frozen veggies if you don't have time). You put these in a pan with a little water and a small dash of olive oil. Put the lid on, steam for about 3-4 minutes and then add one egg. Mix it all through cook a little further, add some sea salt and pepper; it's magnificent!

I have to admit I was sceptical at first because I have a real seet tooth and I LOVE grains. The idea of deviating from my sweet breakfast didn't ecxactly appeal but I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it; now I'm hooked! It really is delicious and my health is much better as a result. I have been doing this for 2 years now. I still have grains on Sunday because I love them but most of the time I do this. I chop the veggies the night before.

Try it out:)

I tried your vegie thing this morning and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! I added two more egg whites, though.
[/url]
Feybie

Postby glam1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm

love brekky
-celebrity slim shake
-friut salad and yogurt
-porridge
-fruit smoothie(made at home) usually on weekends or smoked salmon and 1 egg on spinach
and of my 2 cups of english breakfast tea
glam1

Postby DeeEm » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 pm

I am doing celebrity slim so I generally have a shake or a soup for breaky... but before that (and when I did WW), I was a huge fan of poached eggs on toast or some baked beans. They'd keep me feeling full all morning!
Debbie
Start Date: 28 Mar 09
What I want to achieve:
1st Goal - 10kgs (end of May) - Reward: Wii Fit DONE
2nd Goal - 12.1kg (June 11 - DH's Birthday) - Reward: Reward enough in itself! DONE
3rd Goal - 15kgs (Aug 3 - DS's Birthday) - Reward: My Fitness Coach (Wii Fit) DONE
4th Goal - 20kgs (Mid-October for a wedding) - Reward: New clothes!
5th Goal - 30kgs (Christmas) - Reward: a digi-cam? Not sure.
DeeEm

Postby Runner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I am so addicted to Uncle Tobys Fibre plus! I have a massive bowl every morning. I just love the stuff!
Runner

Return to Diet Talk