It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

OPTIFAST diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

OPTIFAST diet

Postby papi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:06 pm

hi

i want to try the optifast diet because you can buy them online first i want to try the cambridge diet but that you cant buy online
with the cambridge diet you can only take 3 measl a day
but with the optifast you must take 5 meals a day now my question is can i take only 3 meals a day with optifast just like cambridge diet

and one more thing is i cant find on the optifast website how many calories the meals are and how much you must take per day so if soemone knows that would be great
so what i am looking for is how do you use optifast diet
i want something that is the same like cambridge diet with only 3 meals a day
so are their any diets that are like the same as cambridge diet and only uses 3 meals a day with only 500 calories and that you can buy online

thanks
papi

Re: OPTIFAST diet

Postby B'sgirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Ummm, not sure why you would want to cut your calories to only 500 per day? That's not too good for your health.

The Optifast diet is a VLCD (very low calorie diet) & was originally designed for people in the obese category that needed to drop the weight quickly before surgery. I'm pretty sure that it only amounted to 800cals per day. I'm not too sure if it is still used for this but there are alot of meal replacement or "shake" programs on the market nowadays which you can buy online. Celebrityslim, Tony Ferguson, Betty Baxter, Dr Tim's, Kate Morgan just to name a few.

Is there a specific reason why you do not wish to purchase the optifast shakes at a chemist? Some chemist's will weigh you & determine whether or not you fit the criteria for a VLCD. As I mentioned before, 500cals or even 800cals per day is very low & not really recommended for sustainable weightloss &/or wellbeing.

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby papi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am

hi

and yes i am overweight

every one thanks for the responses i know its a better thing to start eating healthy food
but the first thing is i want to lose weight with a diet than can help losing weight fast i know that i might get in to trouble after that but i have all the trust that i dont get it so far
i am struggeling all my life with beeing over weight i still want to try this out

but can soemone still answer the question that i had asked
this is what my plan is
i weight 136 kg thats almost 300 pounds i want to lose 40 kg so i want make a start to lose 30 kg with this diet optifast and lose the other 10 with just normal healthy food and exercise

i hope soemone can give me the info about the optifast how many meals you must take etc
i want to take meals a day just like cambridge diet is that possible or not
and how many weeks you have to follow this meals

thanks
papi

Postby Czarina » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:22 am

I lost 40kg through eating food. Try http://www.calorieking.com, it will teach you about nutrition and has a database with the calorie content of food, so you actually get to EAT, and you don't have to suck some processed gunk through a straw.
Czarina

Postby papi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:12 pm

hi

first thing to say thanks for the responses

but still i am waiting for a answer to my question

please anser the question

thanks
papi

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Why don't you try http://www.optifast.com.au. I found all the answers to your Q's there. Go into the 'getting started' section & it will show you the different phases & how many cals are to be consumed for each phase.

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby papi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:43 am

hi

thnks B'sgirl that was just what i ws looking for
thanks again
papi

Postby nutritionslim » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Optifast is considered a very low calorie diet. You basically consume around 800 calories per day and you're consuming liquids for around 6 - 8 weeks. But this varies by the person. Because of the very restrictive nature of the diet, a doctor's prescription and supervision is required.

*Edit* Link to commercial website removed. NB. The Admin Censored link in the signature bar appears to be hyperlinked to nutrislim website, users are urged to be cautious when clicking on unknown hyperlinks. This message has been left because it does respond to the original topic.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed from signature. Please refer to forum rules.
nutritionslim

Return to Diet Talk