It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Sureslim

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Sureslim

Postby Dxenion » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:27 am

Has anyone else had problems with this diet? After 6 weeks, I was gagging at the thought of another tablespoon of seeds (of any sort).

When I spoke to my consultant, she changed the sesame seeds to tahini but basically said that, if I didn't have the seeds, the diet wont work.

As I could face even just one more seed, I continued the diet without them but started gaining weight again.

I was then told (long story short) that, as I wasn't following the diet, I had broken my contract and they wiped their hands of me. After looking at the paperwork, I can see they're right so I have no recourse there.

Interested in other people's experiences with them.

I'm now on the 7 day Kickstart diet and will then be following TheBiggestLoser.com.au online program and am hoping to have more luck with that.
Dxenion

Postby KimE » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:53 pm

I was then told (long story short) that, as I wasn't following the diet, I had broken my contract and they wiped their hands of me. After looking at the paperwork, I can see they're right so I have no recourse there.

Wow that seems harsh. No trying to help you and bring you back on track?

Oh one other thing were you eating the seeds whole or grinding them? I always though whole seeds just passed straight through the digestive tract. I know linseeds do which is why you need to grind them not sure about other seeds though.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:07 pm

Gee that is harsh, they can say that because you broke the diet they can't promise you'll lose the weight they first stated, but they definitely should have kept you on board.
Dolly

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:05 pm

Hey there
I signed up to sureslim about 2 1/2 years ago, had some success (I lost about 25 kgs in 3 months) but had no energy, lost my hair, had brittle nails, horrible breath, was lightheaded and HATED the food. Well, needless to say, when I went off the program,returned to healthy eating and managed to gain back 7.8 kgs in the first week. Within 2 months, I had gained it all back and another 10 kgs.
Within the next year and a half, I tried a million different diets, had no success, and STUPIDLY decided to go back to sureslim, thinking that even though I hated it, and even though it affected me so badly, it was "the only thing that worked" (I was desperate!)
Well, I organised to pay off the $900 over 12 months, went to my first weigh in, choked down the food for the first week, went back for my week 2 weigh in to be met by a sign on the door saying that they had closed down, and in order to continue with the program, I must go to another clinic (2 1/2 hours away and I dont drive!) I called their 1300 number, and was basically told bad luck. I couldnt get out of the payments even though I didnt do the program, or continue the weigh ins or consultations, they say they no longer have anything to do with it. :twisted: Thank god that they stop coming out in October! What a waste that was.
I suppose in some ways it was a good thing, aside from the money, that it didnt work out, I never could have stuck to that ridiculous diet forever, and I have managed to do it on my own, and I know I can keep up my new REALISTIC healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life :P
chubbybubby

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:37 pm

jeez! $900 smackers!? wow ive always seen the ads and thought it looked to be pretty effective but that price id rather live on lettuce and water! hope the include cavier in their program for that amount!
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:20 pm

wow Im so sorry you guys had such a bad time with sureslim.I joined up about 7 weeks ago and am loving it I feel like Ive regained control of my life have heaps of energy and am looking and feeling heaps much better, I find it so easy to follow and am eating loads of food- I hope you find something that works for you
yummymummy
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Diet Talk