It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

if you really do want to lose weight, just follow this diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

if you really do want to lose weight, just follow this diet

Postby pineapple » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:54 pm

this diet will help you lose weight immediately and you will lose a lot of weight. you'll also be healthy and it should protect you from heart disease; cancer and diabetes.

its very simple, but most people probably wont like it. but if you follow it, you wont even need to exercise to lose weight (although exercise is healthy and good for you, so you should exercise too).

WHAT TO EAT:
1. vegetables. lots of green leafy vegetables, as well as brocolli, cabbage, carrots, kale; and colourful vegetables of all tyes. the healthiest way to eat them is raw, lightly steamed, or in juices (blended as fresh juice).

2. Fruit. berries of all types are good for anti-oxidents. any other fruit is good too. eat less fruit than vegies, but still eat a bowl of chopped fruit or equivalent every day. (e.g. at breakfast, or at desert).

3. Beans, chickpeas, lentils, nuts (e.g. brazil nuts for selenium; walnuts; and almonds are very healthy. almonds may help protect against cancer), and SEEDS. most people forget about seeds, but they are a very important part of the diet. they contain LOTS of healthy goodies for the body. e.g. eat sunflower seeds, pepitas, flax seeds etc. (Beans chickpeas or lentils should be eaten daily (as well as nuts and seeds) in order to get the protein you need).

4. Grains. (corn, brown rice/ some white rice , and other whole grains. Check you are not gluten intolerant - otherwise you will need to substitute corn and rice for wheat). AVOID white flour and other white types of grains. HEALTHIEST = wholegrains. although eating a bit of white rice wont hurt you but you should eat brown rice too. White flour is not good to eat too much of.

DRINK: lots of water; vegetable juices; green tea; some fruit juice if you want but not as much as other stuff. (best to mix the fruit juice with vegetable juice). or wheatgrass mixed with fruit/vegie juice with dash of lime; or just with hot water and lime (altho it tastes pretty bad on its own. is VERY good for you). If you are out shopping try BOOST juices.
pineapple

Re: if you really do want to lose weight, just follow this diet

Postby pineapple » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:08 pm

DIET CONTINUED:

EGGS: an egg 2-3 times a week is a good source of protein. buy free range eggs as caged eggs from an unhealthy hormone filled chicken will mean you are eating unhealthy eggs that are probably bad for you. food quality is important. tell all your friends to avoid buying caged chickens and eggs as it is only doing you harm from a health point of view.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE VEGETARIAN: FISH AND CHICKEN
a small amount of fish or chicken 2-3 times a week is okay. limit your portion sizes. most of your protein should come from chickpeas/nuts/seeds/beans/lentils - vegetarian sources. with chicken, it is extremely important that you dont eat caged chicken meat. caged chickens are extremely unhealthy. they are fed growth hormones that cause them to grow to adults in a matter of weeks and really they are just giant chicks that still have their chick feathers on them. they cant even walk properly due to the hormones that made them grow too fast. if you eat these hormone filled chickens u might end up with health problems - the hormones they feed them cud be linked to breast cancer. (if you want to eat nice organic free range chickens i recommend telling all your friends to buy organic and demand that the governmetn stop allowing the sale of unhealthy chicken meat (not to mention the cruelty of caged chickens)). KFC presumably uses these caged chickens... as do other chicken outlets in australia -

WHAT NOT TO EAT:

what not to eat is just as important as what you do eat.

FOODS TO AVOID: SUGAR (particularly refined WHITE sugar) - and this includes all foods containing sugar like cakes, bikkies, chocolate etc.
you can eat some honey/mapel syrup/fruit juice for sweeteners or natural sweetner stevia. or tiny bit of brown sugar if u want.
there are chocolates in the health shop with no dairy and no sugar in them (substitutes are used) but ive tried them and they still taste yummy. you can even find them at the newsagents, u just need to look for them. but try to AVOID these types of sweet foods as much as possible. their nutritional content is very low and they will do your body HARM. they are very unhealthy.

DAIRY; dairy has been linked to cancer growth as it causes inflammation in the body (recent mainstream studies show)
the chinese dont eat dairy and have lower rates of cancer than usa. their word for cheese means solid mucus.
it is not normal for adult mammals to still drink milk like baby mammals do. there is evidence dairy is very bad for us as adults. chinese doctors recommend eliminating dairy altogether. you can find soy substitutes for most dairy products. soy is very healthy but look for the non- gmo stuff.

RED MEAT: red meat has also been linked to cancer growth as it causes inflammation in the body. avoiding red meat will make you feel healthier. try the diet and see before you knock it. give it about a month to two months and you will feel so much healthier, i promise.

CAFFEINE & ALCOHOL: no coffee or black tea. caffeine can interfere with absorption of vit B nutrients and chinese doctors recommend dropping it. Green tea or herbal teas can be substituted. alcohol is not healthy - a glass of wine once a month or once in a blue moon wont do any damage but constant drinking isnt good and studies have linked to increased cancer risk.
pineapple

Postby pineapple » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Further info:
Eat some seaweed once in a while - several times a week is good. try miso soup or SUSHI if you are out shopping. wakame seaweed has cancer fighting properties that were higher than the chemo drug 5-flouracil in lab tests. Iodine deficiency (iodine is found in seaweed) has been linked to fibrocystic breast disease and breast cancer.

MUSHROOMS: chinsese and japanese mushrooms are very healthy and some have cancer fighting properties

The diet doesnt have to be boring and miserable. if you love tasty food, focus on asian type dishes. then you can stick to the diet and still enjoy eating - lots of stir fries/fried rice/steamed vegetables/sushi/vietnamese dishes - are very healthy. ALso indian food has a lot of vegetarian/or healthy options. like dahl made from lentils. also try hummus made from chickpeas. you can even investigate asian desserts as often these maybe quite healthy - with coconut milk or fresh fruit - but make sure you avoid the white sugar and dairy etc. you can even eat carrot cake or even chocolate cake once in a while - it depends what you put in it. u can sweeten with fruit juice/stevia/honey; and use half wholemeal flour/half white or all wholemeal. you can use soy instead of milk and olive oil instead of butter in cooking. but limit cake intake. once every two -to four weeks probably, if poss. but if you can find a healthy asian or other type of desert that wud be okay.

HERE ARE A FEW RECIPE IDEAS;

blended vegetable juice: 2 carrots; 2 apples; 2 sticks celery; small portion of ginger to taste; 1 cucumber. put in blender. add squeeze of lime juice at end. you can vary the ingredients
pineapple

Postby pineapple » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Home made hummus:
in a food processor: can chickpeas ; 2 tablespoons tahini (from shop); chopped fresh herbs (parsley; coriander etc); i lime - squeezed; olive oil - to the required texture you want; chopped garlic - to taste - 1-4 cloves garlic. blend together. spread over corn crackers (available from supermarket) or rice crackers.

REALLY HEALTHY DAILY SALAD: try this salad daily for lunch or breakfast to get a dose of greens and protein:

lettuce - chopped; baby spinach - chopped; (handful each); i cucumber diced or sliced; i avocado -chopped; 1-2 handfuls cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato chopped; handful of pepita or sunflower seeds - or both; handful of nuts (either unsalted almonds or walnuts - can be chopped); tin of beans (red kidney beans/or white beans) or chickpeas, drained. dried italian herbs and/or fresh garden herbs (parsley, thyme; basil; dill; mint etc); salt and pepper (use sea salt or himalayan salt); olive oil or apricot kernal or flax seed oil and lemon juice to taste. you could add some chopped raw brocolli or olives if you like. add crushed garlic - one clove; and a small onion chopped finely. mix together... yum yum. can store in the fridge and eat during the day or with different meals. is also a meal in itself.

COLESLAW: chopped red cabbage; white cabbage; grated carrot; capsicum or shallot or chopped red onion (chopped) apple; orange; (chopped) mixed together with SOY mayonaisse (from supermarket) and squeeze of lime juice on apple.
pineapple

Postby pineapple » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:32 pm

other things to eat - falafel - is vegetarian and healthy;
minestrone soup - homemade.
chinese vegetarian spring rolls;
curries with vegetables, chick peas; sweet potato - instead of meat. curried vegetables with rice - (brown or white basmati rice)
baked potatoes and vegetables like pumpkin; zucchini; sweet potatoe; onion; capsicum; apple; beetroot; etc - mixed with garlic and herbs and olive oil.

if you are hungry between meals snack on dried fruit (apricots; apples etc raisins) and nuts/seeds - almonds/brazil nuts etc; also can eat corn or rice crackers with hummus etc. but try not to over eat - only eat if you are hungry. if you eat the RIGHT sort of food at meals you should stop feeling hungry between them. if you are hungry all the time tis becuz your body isnt getting what it needs in terms of nutritional content from the food you are eating - so it is sending you warning signals to eat something with nutritional value. instead most people feed their body a mars bar if it tells them its hungry. this is actually body abuse ; since hunger means feed me something with vitamins or nutrients in it; not empty calories.
pineapple

Postby Jisgone » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 pm

So essentially in your very long post you're saying eat healthy foods and you will lose weight?
Its a breakthrough!!
:)
Jisgone

Postby Budda » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Pineapple,

I am very new to this just started on the weekend. I call my self Budda...

I just wanted to say that your diet is very like the Ian Gawler diet. You may of heard of him, he treats a lot of MS and Cancer patcients and has had great sucess! You are on the right track from what i have read. You are insperational to stick to that diet! Go girl..

Thanks for your Posts I enjoyed them

Budda
Budda

Postby John » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 am

Jewles wrote:So essentially in your very long post you're saying eat healthy foods and you will lose weight?
Its a breakthrough!!
:)

Haha yeah I was thinking that. Most diets work, if you follow them. The question is what causes people to stop following them? Too expensive? Not enjoyable? Don't find protein appetising? I'm wondering why most people can lose weight for a week, but less for a month, and even less for a year. But some people such as http://www.pastaqueen.com/ and http://thefatlazyguyslog.blogspot.com/ have lost around half their weight. The question is why?
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby Karnak » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:38 am

Call me a cynic but I can't help thinking that Pineapple and Budda are an advertising duo....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby Jisgone » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 pm

I had no doubt that it was some form of spam from the first line of the first post :)
Jisgone

Re: if you really do want to lose weight, just follow this d

Postby lampuiho » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Jewles wrote:I had no doubt that it was some form of spam from the first line of the first post :)

u must be kidding

re: john

unfortunately, no
most diets don't work, especially those have calorie limits.
1st thing you need to learn about is blood sugar level. 2nd thing you need to learn is different types of hormone responses. then you can learn a bit of psychology. then you know how to lose weight effortlessly.
just eat low GI food you will see how ur body fat percentage decrease. ur weight on fat will start to shift to muscle weight. you will have more energy thoughout the day. you will be more likely to go exercise. if u are allegic or intolerant to gluten, dun even eat whole wheat or oats.
lampuiho

Return to Diet Talk