It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby taborhaa » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Is it normal to feel tired when dieting an exercise? I'm so exhausted and I want to know if it's normal to feel tired when dieting. I thought it was supposed to give you energy? I'm onth biggest loser diet and I'm eating abotu 1500 cals a day if not more.
Last edited by Jisgone on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: im a spam whore

Re: dieting

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:17 pm

How long have you been following your new diet and exercise routine? If you've just started it might take a while for your energy levels to increase. The other thing to consider is what you're eating. Are you getting the right nutrients with a good balance of whole grains, fresh fruit and vegetables, a small amount of healthy fats and lean protein sources? If you're cutting out any food groups it could explain why you're tired. And if you'd been depending on caffeine or sugar to keep your energy up then a significant change in diet might take a while for your body to get used to.

Re: dieting

Postby dragonfly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:45 pm

i am experienceing the same feelings too. i have been on my changed eating habbits for 3 weeks now. I am just so tired now. I think I did rely on sugar alot to get me thru the day, and now i am eating so much less sugar, and eating better foods.
have you got a book or something for the biggest looser diet? I have seen the show, but I didnt know they did a diet you can follow?? do you get a sexy trainer to help motivate and make you do exercises too lol?
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg

Return to Diet Talk