It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Looking for Ideas....

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for Ideas....

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:43 pm

I am currently doing Dr Phils 21 day eating plan (after finishing his rapid start plan) which has been relatively easy as I only have to look after/cook for myself.
However at the moment I am really enjoying my ~100gm protein (meat or fish) and vegies (raw and/or cooked) for dinner I am starting to look for some ideas as to how to make these healthy meals a little more interesting. I am not a good cook in any way shape or form, but I am looking to learn as much as possible :) My first step is to make a big vegie soup in my slow cooker but if anyone has any other ideas that would be awesome :-D I can make big batches and freeze it but am very limited in freezer space so dont have space for much variety!
Any hints/advice/ideas would be much appreciated!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgDr74s/]
2ndTimeBecky

Re: Looking for Ideas....

Postby mevsthebulge » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:15 pm

Make sure you use lots of herbs and spices to save calories. Try a delicious stir fry or soup. I have a few recipes on my blog - take a look :-)
mevsthebulge

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:48 pm

I certainly will check out the blog, LOVE new recipies - especially healthy ones!!!

Yes, Garlic and Chili are my friends :-)
2ndTimeBecky

Postby 2ndTimeBecky » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 pm

... and the first thing I see on your page is Garlic, Lemon, Chilli and Parsley Chicken!!! Hehe, looks amazing and something I would LOVE to eat - thanks!!!!
2ndTimeBecky

Postby mevsthebulge » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Omg it was delicious! So tasty and healthy! I add new recipes often so check back! :-D
mevsthebulge

Postby Phat-Beth » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:01 am

I'm a big fan of stir-fry dinners, they are super quick and easy. Get a wok, and try out different combination of meats and veggies (sometimes even fruit!) and I'm sure you'll quickly figure out what you like and become a pro in no time :) My favorite is green beans and shrimp, with some tomatoes and garlic thrown in for flavor.

Beth
[
Phat-Beth

Postby chevbrock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Garlic, ginger and soy sauce (low salt, of course!) are my friend with the wok! A tiny splash of fish sauce, too. It smells utterly vile, but enhances the flavour so much!
chevbrock

Return to Diet Talk