It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:06 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby sarahloveshoes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:15 pm

I tried the SOS Desperation Diet and it really does work, i lost 3.5kg in a week BUT it isnt a diet, its only for de-bloating to fit into an outfit within 7 days. I abused the diet and did it for 2 weeks and i got very very sick and would not suggest anyone trying it for more then 7 days. The calories are basically between 500-1000 per day.

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

Postby Sass_Sophie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Can anyone Private Message me the entire diet for the SOS Desp. Diet.
I would love to give it a shot.
I tried the soup diet but I dont have the energy to smell that soup heating up in the microwave at work!
I hope someone can help me out :) :P

Postby Tammara White » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:22 pm

I have tried most of these diets and they really don't work for me. Maybe for a while. its so depressing looking at all these diets? This is all too much for me. I just want a simple diet that works for me not a fad diet that works today and not tomorrow. Has anyone here tried metabolic typing I read in a newsletter that I subscribed to- thats really good - about metabolic typing. It makes more sense to me. I really want to start that - anyone else had any experience with this? I am so tired of trying all sorts of things and it not working. I just want to lose some weight and feel better. thanks everyone.
Tammara White

Postby CronicBadger » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi Tammara

I read up on Metabolic Typing from a variety of sources. It has been discredited. The science is unproven, untested, and some dietary advice based on MT is considered by medical experts to shorten lifespans. Although there are positive anecdotes by practitioners and recipients of MT dietary advice the same positive outcomes can occur for some people for anything - including tobacco smoking, alcohol abuse and self-flagellation.

No diet will work "today". Most of the initial short-term weight loss from fad diets is water, food bulk and muscle in addition to fat. Losing weight is a slow, long-term process, just as gaining weight was. It also requires a person to change their life and the way they think and feel about food. It's not easy, otherwise none of us would be fat.

One of the simplest ways to lose weight is to cut out most processed foods from our regular diet. Reduce intake of sugar, salt, fat and alcohol. Eat mostly plant-based foods. Eat a variety of foods in order to get a broad range of nutrients. Eat less. Exercise regularly so that muscle lost during weight-loss process is rebuilt.

And most importantly, nothing you do, including what I've outlined above, will actually work unless you eat less food energy (kilojoules) than your body needs. Weight-loss works by forcing the body to use up the energy stored as fat.

Finally - read the Australian Weightloss site articles (there's lots here). Read the forum stories, such as those in Personal Progress and Diet Talk. There are many success stories, some not so successful. But all contain valuable information.

Postby jemimah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

I've started eating breakfast...which I haven't done in many many years, and amazingly I feel much better!

Thanks for posting good altered ideas with diets :D

Return to Diet Talk