It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

kilo of weight ratio per litre of water.

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

kilo of weight ratio per litre of water.

Postby lindtcrazy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi,
How much water can a person safely drink without interfering with the electrolytes. Have you heard about the lady who wanted to win a competition over the radio, who could drink the most water, she died.
Does anyone have the weight ratio per litre of water to safely consume. I dont want to interfere with the bloodstream, too much water can do this.

any help appreciated. I do drink more than the average person, water that is :lol:
I am amazed at how little some people do rehydrate themself, I am shocked they have not shrivelled to oblivion.
lindtcrazy

Re: kilo of weight ratio per litre of water.

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 pm

I've read a little bit on this subject, and there are several old posts in the forum which discuss it as well. Medical opinions are divided, but one recent commentator said that basically you should drink when you feel thirsty, and a minimum of one to two litres of fresh water minus any diuretic additives such as tea and coffee. If your urine is reasonably clear then it is a sign that waste is sufficiently diluted (ie a sign that your body has enough water to pass freely).
CronicBadger

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm

There is an interesting discussion which includes a urine colour chart in an earlier thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26274&p=207096#p207096
CronicBadger

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Yep. You'd be surprised how much water many foods contain, which is why it's hard to make a rule of x litres per day because different people eat different foods. It's best to drink when you're thirsty and go by urine colour.
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Diet Talk