It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Supermarket Prepackaged Food vs Jenny Craig

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Supermarket Prepackaged Food vs Jenny Craig

Postby Slim Dee » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I am amazed at how much information is available as you scroll through the forum.
I have about 45KG to lose and have been researching Jenny Craig and Lite and Easy but it is way out of by budget. I am a fulltime worker, student and single mum to a 12 yr old so time is a major issue for me.
I have actually been looking at just buying the WW, Lean Cuisine etc from the supermarket and eating those twice a day along with yoghurt or porridge for brekky and fruit for snacks. It will be half the price and I can pick what I know I will like and eat rather than eat what I am given.

Any thoughts or has anyone tried this before?

Slim Dee

Re: Supermarket Prepackaged Food vs Jenny Craig

Postby electrongirl » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm not a big fan of pre-packaged foods as they are rather high in sodium and also don't contain enough food to satisfy me.

I am doing Weight Watchers with great success and it's not very expensive. Yes you have to prepare your own meals but do you really want to be eating frozen meals for the rest of your life?

If you want to lose weight and keep it off you have to make permanent changes to your lifestyle. Plan meals, take the time to plan ahead. You need to put work and time into it to make it a long time success.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Re: Supermarket Prepackaged Food vs Jenny Craig

Postby ClarissaM » Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 am

I like making my own meals because it is usually cheaper too. Plus, I learn what foods are good for you and once you go off the diet, you can continue to eat healthy. Also you can usually find coupons to save money on both the prepackaged meals and the regular foods to make your own meals.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Sun May 15, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted commercial advertisement in sig.

Return to Diet Talk