It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:13 am

Free Newsletter

Some Diet tips

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Some Diet tips

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Avoid all or nothing thinking. Saying "right then tomorrow im going to stop eating all chocolate and chips for good " is often setting yourself up for failure. One small indulgence doesnt mean youve ruined your healthy eating plan and can now go on a sugar binge . Simply put the indulgence behind you and move on from these tempting foods

Instead of picking at the kids leftovers try to cut up a rockmelon or your fav fruit into bite size pieces so you can snack healthy and not be tempted to overeat in the evenings

Dont eat from jars or packets or tubs . It is easy to scoff half a bag of lollies or an entire tub of ice cream when u cant see how much you are eating . Put food into bowls or onto plates instead

If you cant resist the bread basket in restaraunts choose whole grain, dark and seedy breads over white . These breads are higher in fiber and take longer to digest so u feel full for longer

Avoid foods with more then 10%fat content . Read the food label to find out the number of grams of fat per 100grams in what u are about to buy and if its over 10% look for a lower fat alternative

Keep a food diary for two weeks . That way you can monitor how much your eating . Identify the times when your eating the most and make changes to your eating patterns

Butter is loaded with fat and calories so give it a miss altogether , insted have a scraping of low fat tahini, low fat hommus ,low fat spread or go without. You will soon get used to the taste

Get into the habit of carrying a water bottle around with you everywhere. That way you will be able to sip constantly during the day and stay hydrated and will be less likely to choose fizzy or sugary drinks

Even if your diet is reasonable it is pretty much impossible to avoid all additives and other chemical nasties that pollute our bodies . Aim to detox your body regularly by having raw food days . You will feel rejuvinated and your waistband wont be so tight
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi jules

thanks for that! something to really think about :) i liked the detox part. i find i always feel better if i have fruit or vegies and meat instead of pre packaged foods. strange ...
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:00 pm

There's some great tips there Jules, thanks. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Will add some more soon . At home at the moment by myself watching the polar express with DS as all have gone to speedway and he cant go cause if he gets another ear infection he gotta have grommets
Jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 pm

Ouch I hope he gets them soon Jules.

Thanks for the tips look forward to you adding some more. Oh and enjoy the polar express...we loved it (so did the kids!! LOL) We have just finished watching Nanny McPhee...very good movie!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:44 am

Great tips! Eating out of the packet/tub is just like me - must stop doing that :oops:

I like the idea of a raw food day :)
SarahC

Postby KimE » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:54 am

Oh yeah that's a bad one, you have no idea how much you have eaten.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

new tips

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:09 pm

If you know u are having a calorific dinner or work lunch , eat a light snack such as a peanut butter on rice cakes beforehand so u dont arrive there starving and wolf down the quickest dish availiable

Get yourself a diet buddy and set yourselves a six week weight loss goal . Losing weight when u have got someone to compete against will give extra motivation and encouragement to stay on track

If your kids love fat food like pizza ,Make your own healthier version using lebanese bread as a base and top with tinned tomatoes, capsicum and a sprinkle of low fat chedda cheese , Pop it in the grill for 5 mins to finish

Identify habits that sabotage your good intentions and swap them for new healthier ones . If you cant resist lollies from the milkbar on the way home choose a different route

Vegetables are low in kjs but if yours go to waste each week despite your best intentions . buy a few packets of mixed veges and add them to soups and stir fries and pasta dishes

If you are a weekend binger , make sure you have plenty of good snacks in the house such as air popped popcorn , dried fruits seeds and nuts and low fat yoghurt

Always choose the smallest potion avaliable . Studies show that the more food people are given the more they will eat regardless of whether they are hungry or not

jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:12 pm

mmm i like the pizza part!! thanks jules *yum yum! rubs tummy*
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks for that Jules... some really good advice there!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Diet Talk