It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 am

Free Newsletter

Is exercise necessary with a diet plan?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Is exercise necessary with a diet plan?

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:55 pm

It may not be 100% necessary but it is ideal. Exercising will burn up more energy and will build up muscle which will burn even more energy. And you can eat more if you're active. That is a bonus right there. lol
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Grapefruit » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 pm

In a nutshell...absolutely!!!

You will lose weight just by eating less calories and foods that are highly nutritious, but exercising will tone your body, give you more energy, boost confidence, and help to lose more weight.

Start out with simple, low impact exercise such as walking, treadmill, cross trainer, swimming etc then you can move into higher intensity exercise as your fitness and energy increases.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Postby markleach1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 am

Hey

In my opinion I don't think its necessary for fat loss.

When I diet I try to control calories out > calories in by eating less as its far easier to eat less say by 100 calories than burn a 100 calories.

Saying that I do perform weight resistance based exercises to maintain my muscle mass and I also walk my dog for an hour each day for the health related benefits.

Mark
markleach1

Postby Dameet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Someone once told me "You can't out-train a bad nutrition plan",
with that said...in order to maximize muscle gain and fat loss, you need a GOOD nutrition plan.

If it's a well balanced plan then you COULD get away with it. Yes you will lose fat but only for a short period of time.

Consider this...
Your muscle is ,so to say, the engine that burns most of your calories and plays a substantial role in metabolic rate.
If you ONLY focus on the nutrition plan, with NO exercise, you're not increasing your resting metabolic rate meaning that in the long run with more muscle you will burn more calories (just by sitting there)

Not only that, but your muscles will use up many calories when exercising to recover.

Summary:
No exercise=results will come slow and plateauing fat loss
Exercise=results will come much sooner and will burn more calories in the long run

Good Nutrition+Exercise+Consistency= Success

I wish you all the best, hopefully I was of help to you :)

Cheers,
Dmitro
No matter HOW slow you're moving, you'll ALWAYS be lapping the ones on the couch...
Dameet

Postby workoutdvdworld » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:53 pm

I think you can definitely lose weight without exercise to start off with, but as you drop in weight your metabolism will naturally slow down too making it harder for you to lose the final kgs. Exercise will help to increase your metabolism so that your body is a more efficient fat burning machine. It's no fun dropping the amount of calories you can eat whenever you hit a plateau, so by using exercise to create a calorie deficit you can still eat a decent amount of food whilst losing weight.
Muscle building exercises are some of the best to do as the more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn even at rest.
workoutdvdworld

Postby bethanyherman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes, losing weight is hard enough with exercise + diet. For me, losing weight should be 90% diet.
bethanyherman

Return to Diet Talk