It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Counting Calories Vs Fat Content

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Counting Calories Vs Fat Content

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Hey everyone,
I just started counting calories in my daily diet. I am trying to stick to a food intake of 1500 Calories per day.

The thing I wanted to know is, if you choose to eat healthy foods all day (salads, fruit, vegies etc) then you can eat A LOT to make 1500.
However, I wanted to know, if you choose to eat 1 chocolate, 1 scoop of ice cream and 1 hamburger and, although less food, if it still equates to 1500 calories (but the fat content is higher) can you still have it? Does the fat content stop weight loss or is the energy (kg, calorie) intake all that matters?

Just wondering. If anyone can help out, that'd be great :)
Kylie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:37 pm

im not sure kylie as i dont count calories but apparently people on the WW programme (and i was told this by a few friends who have been on it) have eaten their points worth during the day even if it was hamburgers?
kate_turner2000

Postby MissE » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:53 pm

thats true, on WW you can spend your points (calculated by looking at calories and sat. fat) however you want *except* you can only spend 14 points a week on sugary foods. so on average 2 points a day on anything with sugar in its top 3 ingredients.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Return to Diet Talk