It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Such thing as too many vegetables in a meal?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Such thing as too many vegetables in a meal?

Postby Lowie57 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

as the subject suggests, im wondering if its possible to load up on too many veggies come dinner time. Lately i have been having around 100-150g of either chicken breast, or Kangaroo (kangaroo is freaking delicious!), and the rest of my plate i have piled up with veggies to help me feel satisfied, mostly carrots, broc/cauli, peas and corn. no potato's. am i doing myself more harm than good eating lots of veggies in one sitting?
Lowie57

Re: Such thing as too many vegetables in a meal?

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:32 am

I don't think there would be any problems whatsoever! Filling up on veges is just the way to go ... I always try for a variety of colours and not to have too much starchy ones like potato. If you're having some meat as well then it sounds like a great meal.

Vegetables are still calories but it takes a LOT more of them to get to, say, 500 calories than 500 cals worth of ice cream. ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Lowie57 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:23 pm

thats the response i was hoping for :) and im not eating starchy vegetables at all, no potato's! as much as i used to love them i am really not missing them much haha.
Lowie57

Postby Metalcharm » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Sounds ideal then :)
I try to have one either lunch or dinner each day loaded with veg .. there is a small low cal soup mix I like that I put a couple cups of frozen veg in and a tiny splash of soy and it makes it a very filling meal.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ThinLizzy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:23 am

No one has died of eating too many vegies yet! I love Joel Furhman's book, Eat To Live. A million reasons why we should all be piling up the vegetables, and what nutrients vegies have (and protein is one of them!)
ThinLizzy

Postby poundbypound » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 pm

Well I guess that no matter what you are eating you should eat it in reasonable amounts. If you only eat veggies than your body will surely react to it as well (especially the metabolism). Yet, it is not a secret anymore that certain veggies have more capacities than others. Generally speaking, the right combination of vegetables and fruits can boost your immune system as companies such as Bioss tested and keep testing. Oranges and garlic are said to be really good for boosting the immune system.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a link that landed on a commercial web store instead of information.
poundbypound

Return to Diet Talk