It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 am

Free Newsletter

Lite n Easy thoughts.......

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite n Easy thoughts.......

Postby ernie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

I have finally succumbed to Lite n Easy having resisted due to price for a while.

I am on Day 11 and loving it. The weight is dropping off (4kg so far) and it's a healthy diet.......I have done my fair share of crash diets.

I am following the 5 day luch and dinner 1200 calorie option. This allows me to have a (healthy) meal out and not feel like I'm wasting money.

I'm really enjoying the lunches and snacks but the dinners don't fill me with much excitement (I'm not a big fan of diced veggies), but I am gradually working my way through the 60 plus dinners so bound to find some favorites!

I'm slightly concerned there aren't enough veggies and fruit included on the plan (certainly not 2&5) but I have been adding the off veggie here and there.

Just wanted to hear others views on Lite n Easy.

SW 107.6
CW 103.6
1st Target 89.9
2nd Target 82.0
3rd Target 75.0
GW 70.0
ernie

Re: Lite n Easy thoughts.......

Postby SydneyPT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Why not do a little reading, work out what your body needs, make the food yourself and eat to your body's limit? Saves you a lot of money and you learn about food.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby ernie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 pm

SydneyPT wrote:Why not do a little reading, work out what your body needs, make the food yourself and eat to your body's limit? Saves you a lot of money and you learn about food.

If only it were that simple. Sadly I have very little will power so this is a good solution for me.

Like many overweight people I know the right things to eat but I need to train my brain (and stomach) to understand I don't need as much food.

SW 107.6
CW 103.6
1st Target 89.9
2nd Target 82.0
3rd Target 75.0
GW 70.0
ernie

Postby justme » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 pm

I started Lite n easy about 7 weeks ago now and I am finding it awesome I have lost 14.5 kgs and I am feeling pretty good about my-self. I'm on the 1500 calorie diet and it is really balanced works out to at least 2 serves of fruit and 3 serves of vege, wholegrain cereals and breads and lots of protein. Like ernie I do struggle with the dinners sometimes thou, but have got my top 7 picks :D

I totally agree with ernie, most overweight people are fully aware of what is healthy and not. However the journey of loosing weight is also an emotional one. I find Lite N Easy works well for me at the moment, because there is no excuse - I know what I am having and when and I know I have to eat it and nothing else. For me I plan on coming off Lite N Easy by the end of year my plan is diet for 4 weeks, stop smoking and maintain 4 weeks, exercise and maintain 4 weeks, then start cutting out Lite N Easy starting with breakfasts and working my way onto the dinners.

For me this is a whole life style change that I will be maintaining for the rest I my-life, so in order for me to successfully do this I am making a small change getting accustomed to it then moving on to the next small change and so on. I have my goals and I mean to reach them in a healthy way that I can sustain.

To start my-self on this path Lite N Easy is an amazing option, I'm not stressing about diving in and organising my whole diet while dealing with the emotional stress involved of doing with out and the physical challenge of shrinking my stomach all at once, so by reducing some of the pressure while my body and mind is getting used to healthy food at the right portion size and I am being educated along the way about what, when and how much.

For me Lite N Easy rocks :D
Be Happy & Healthy :)

justme

Postby Muffin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 pm

I've been thinking about light and easy too!
Haven't been persuaded yet due to price but I could se
Them being beneficial around here bring a full time working mum!!!
Muffin

Postby misk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 pm

I've been on the 1500 lite n'easy for 8 weeks, started on 1200 for 5 days but bumped it up when i started exercising and have moved it to 7days a week ago. Spent the first 3-4 weeks just getting used to not having lollies/take-away and eating lower calories overall.

I have loved it so far, great not having to cook, meaning no dishes and can eat 8mins after i get home :D Some of the snacks I'm not a huge fan of, so many sultanas, sultanas in everything, but the breakfasts, lunches and dinners are amazing. Thought everything would taste like the frozen dinners from the shops, but they are nothing like that, no weird after taste and all looks fresh and is tasty. After 8 weeks i'm still going through all the dinner options, but am definately looking forward to the next seasons menu so there's some different lunches!

My weight loss has seemed to be slower than most people's i've read of - I really didn't lose much of anything on just the food, lost the 2kgs the first week or two, which was probably mostly water weight. But at least some has been coming off and this has been the only diet i've ever tried that i've been able to stick to past a month! The price doesn't matter to me because i can afford it, eating out was costing me a fortune, but also not cooking is worth everything to me :lol:
misk

Postby tinkerbella » Thu May 22, 2014 1:46 pm

I started this on Tuesday and was wondering if there is anybody else on the forum doing lite n easy,
Today after only 3 days I can feel that my tummy has gone down and today when I weighed myself I have already noticed the scales have gone down,which is great cause that's the reason im on it..
I'm finding the food very tasty the only thing I haven't liked so far is the kiwi fruit,but other than that I love it...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Return to Diet Talk