It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 am

Free Newsletter

A One Off Treat

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

A One Off Treat

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:13 am

What are your opinions on a "one off treat". You know its one of those things where you have a block of chocolate just once.

My mum bought Pavlova at the shops today even though I told her only to buy healthy stuff. She told me its ok just to have it once. But I'm unsure.

Will having this once off thing ruin my progress so far? Or will it be ok if it only happens once?
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:27 am

we cant really sit here and tell ya what treats you should eat tom! lol. but i know a few women on here have a fun size chocolate occasionally. myself... i have a 50cent bag of allens pineapples every so often. if pav is what you like then cut yourself a small piece and have it! how often you have it is totally up to you.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:40 am

Hey Tom, treats are exactly that...treats. A lot of people view them as evil or naughty, but everything in moderation is the key. If you were to go and eat 1/2 the pav, then yes it will have some affect. Lately I have been finding out just how many serves are in the food. Sometimes I have a serving, sometimes I have less it depends. A small slice will not hamper your weight loss efforts. I had a family BBQ just after I started here and I had a small piece of pav AND a small piece of coffee gateau (gotta love the Cheesecake shop) but I still lost 0.7kg that week!! Just remember moderation. Some people will have a treat and they will make up for it with some extra exercise to compensate for having something sugary/fatty...I hope this helps as often I ramble without getting the point across :roll: :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm

I agree with both Kate and Ally and a small piece as a treat once in a while isn't going to harm your effort. Just make sure the 'once' doesn't become every other day or you will find problems.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:06 pm

Just remember the age old rule "everything in moderation" Tom. Its ok to have a little bit but don't eat the whole block of chocolate or the whole pav in one sitting. The more you deprive yourself the more you are going to want it and then go for a major pig out when you give in. And if you are anything like me you eventually do give in!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 pm

I agree . I allow myself a teat - fun size choc bar but only if i have for that day or week followed myself to the letter . I have a thing that i tick off when i have stayed on track and done my set of exercise and water . If i dont complate it i dont get the treat . it kinda makes me feel that i can only have it if i work hard .
JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Diet Talk