It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:24 am

Free Newsletter

Apple Cidar Vinegar

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Apple Cidar Vinegar

Postby lollilova » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:39 pm

Has anyone heard of Apple Cidar Vinegar for weight loss? Has anyone tried and tested it? Is it safe?

Thanks to all who reply! :)

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:44 pm

i have no idea, i dont think id try it i would puke haha!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 pm

apparently a tsp in the morning before breakky is supposed to get the digestive system working properly. For full nutritional benefit it should be good quality that develops what is called 'mother' which is slimy, stringy stuff in the bottom of the jar. Gross huh.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Garfield » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:41 pm

It's so yuck! I remember my mum trying this diet where you have a tablespoon before every meal. I figure that worked beause the stuff tastes so bad that you feel too sick to eat after putting it in your mouth. Yuck.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:40 pm

I have tried it before - it is horrible :shock: Supposed to be good for the digestion if you have it before a meal. Also I heard that it can promote fluid loss as well :?

It's not bad as a salad dressing though... but only a tiny teaspoon, don't drown it! :lol:
SarahC

Postby lollilova » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I have been doing a bit of research and some people swear by it. I'm thinking of giving it a go (wish me lots of luck!) after christmas, will see how I go with just eating better until then. I guess it can't do any harm... ??!?!

It does sound absolutely awful though.
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:45 pm

best wishes bianca... lol... glad its you and not me... but let us know how you go, ill be interested in hearing about it
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:53 pm

good luck bianca . Tell us how it goes
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:47 pm

My mum used it to help with her arthritis but she would dilute it with a lot of water I remember the stories people used to say how back in the days girls would drink straight vinegar to lose weight wouldnt it burn out their insides

Postby Kyles » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi,

I was told to do this about 10 years ago - I never did it, but told my mum about it..and she has been taking it ever since. Apparently it is to stop fluid retention and therefore stop bloat!!
Kylie : )

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wz9V01c/]
[/url]
Kyles

Postby zoeh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:46 am

Any updates with this? How is it going - is it working?

I used to take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every morning but then I found out I have an allergy to vinegar through a allergy test I did - so I stopped. I dont know if apple cider vinegar is different though?

I used to mix it with two tablespoons of flax oil and drink it in the morning. It used to make me go to the toilet I think it cleaned me out in the morning which was awesome.
zoeh

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:58 am

Yuck. I dont think I could do that. My dad used to marinate vegies and crap in apple cider vinegar(he said the others were no good) and eat it straight from the container. It was grose but he loved it! He was always thin as a rake so I don't know if it would aid in weight loss. Didnt make him live any longer tho....unfortunately! :cry:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:17 am

Well I haven't really stuck to it over the past few weeks (been busy making wedding plans), even if it is a mind over matter thing it does seem to work. I lost 4 kilos in 4 weeks (will have to update my ticker soon!). It could be due to the exercise too, but I don't hate the taste of the vinegar in water so I will keep it up. No harm in trying right? One thing is for sure, I feel less bloated!

I just have a teaspoon in water before meals. Its not the nicest thing in the world to try, but it isn't completely awful either!

I get the Cornwells Apple Cidar Vinegar from the supermarket but there are lots of brands you can get. They even stock it in the health food isle.

Has anyone else tried it lately?
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:10 am

Hi Bianca. Glad to see you are having some results, that's great :D

I tried it a while back and I realllly hate the taste :( I keep looking at the bottle in the pantry and think "I should try that again"... maybe I will lol.
SarahC

Postby lollilova » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:43 am

Another alternative to drinking it is put it on your salads as a dressing. There are some great recipies out there for salad dressing, best of all its good for you! Nothing like making a delicious salad even better!

My hubby2b loves his chips (he's english) which absolutely kills me because I love chips too, but instead of white vinegar I sneak apple cidar on his food and he doesn't know the difference. Mind you he's not the one who needs to lose weight!

Have a look at this web page http://www.make-stuff.com/cooking/vinegar.html and see what other little tricks you can do with it.
Bianca x

lollilova

Return to Diet Talk