It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Pretzels

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Pretzels

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:37 pm

are the pretzels you get in coles in the blue pack good for you i read the fat content and its not that much but they are salty I usually grab a handfull when im snacking

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:09 am

I think it all comes down to how many you have. They are a reasonable treat for the calories but you are right about the salt they have a high sodium content so that is something to take into consideration.

If a handful is about 10 then that is probably OK for a snack. Nutritionally they are very high in sodium, high in carbs, some protein, low fat and very little sugar. For those who are interested they seem to come in at around 150-190 cals for about 10 of them.

Hope this helps.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Tango44 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:35 pm

i love pretzels, but since I have been cutting down my salt in take I find them really really salty.
They are nice for a small snack every now and then though...
Tango44

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:01 am

Yep fine for a snack but not a meal! I find I have about 6 of the mini ones if I feel like something to munch on and the cals are only small and that amount of salt is ok for me. I dont add salt to my food so every now and then a few pretzels wont hurt. Its not something I tend to have in the cupboard very often anyway.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:34 am

Try the salt free pretzels, they are very good with not all the extra sodium.... I hope they have them in australia, we have them here in the usa.
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Return to Diet Talk