It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:06 am

Free Newsletter

Don't try this at home!

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Don't try this at home!

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:36 am

Feeling decidedly ill this morning. I have bought this product called Fibretone some time ago and have tried to drink it twice and it was horrible! Tried it again last night, and it was even more horrible than the previous two times. I had to throw it away! Just thinking about it now makes me very nauseous.

Click the link for all the ingredients... but who on earth would think to combine powdered vegetables with chocolate flavour :shock:

:( :( :(

Anyway... has anyone else had a horrible experience like this. What have you tried to eat/drink in the name of good health :?:

Postby Ally » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:46 am

Hey Sarah....mate it even sounds awful without looking at the full list of ingredients!!!! Blah! :(

I only ever tried Medislim tablets once, back when I was 14. that was when they had something like 100mg of caffeine per tablet (they are still on the market but have removed the caffeine) I took 2 of these things and was literally walking around on cotton wool!!! It was funny in one sense, but geez they made me crook!! I have never taken another suppliment/powder/tablet since!!!! LOL :P

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Kelp powder.

Kelp is a great source of iodine (which helps your thyroid regulate your metabolism) but serious, if you want to take it, pay a bit extra for the tablets. the powder is REVOLTING!!! it tastes like the smell at the beach when it's covered in seaweed washed up by a recent storm. And it's sort of grainy. URRGGGHHH
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:08 am

i had to have almond oil for ecsema on my face... and it was horrible the taste and the consistancy made ma gag every time i took it...
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:45 am

eww you poor thing Im a sucker for lotions and potions & Ive tried all sorts of supplements and pills and what not. I probably would have given this ago if I hadnt read your post it looks good in theroy but yes vege powder and choc not a great combo!!!!!

Return to Diet Talk