It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating After Dinner

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Eating After Dinner

Postby emma21 » Tue May 24, 2005 10:47 pm

I know I should have more self control but I cant help eating something extra after eating dinner. It doesnt matter how much I actually eat at dinner, I never feel full or satisfied. I usually end up snacking on all the stuff I shouldnt do (due to cravings for it). Does anyone have any hints on how to beat this?

Postby Maraver » Wed May 25, 2005 7:19 am

Another of my problems too or snacking while cooking or eating leftovers, just will power I suppose Emma or eat really sensible during the day and allow for a little snack at night we all deserve a little something on this journey
Good luck

Postby buffmumof2 » Sun May 29, 2005 1:55 pm

snacking after dinner is not a bad thing depending on what your snacking on. I find if after dinner I chew sugar free extra it helps or I go to the gym so I cant snack.

Maybe look at the total calories you have consumed for the day and if you have room for a snack its not a problem.

Postby hushpuppy » Sun May 29, 2005 3:52 pm

After dinner i make sure that i have on hand some airpopped popcorn . i think u can have about a cup of it for only a few calories . Also if i crave something sweet (as always ) i eat a few pickled onions... it helps and the have no calories or points at all.When cooking dinner ill eat an apple while doing it . Dont know whether its ok but it keeps my hands out of the kids snacks
cheers jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:39 pm

Filling yourself up with 3 large drinks then brushing your teeth with either a minty toothpaste or some listerine mouthwash, this can help stop your brain focusing on food.

Postby Serena » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:27 pm

I like to snack at night too. Cheese on toast is my personal favourite (naughty, naughty) but I don't think snacking is such a bad thing if your eating good snacks. And if you know you like to snack after dinner then plan a snack into your diet so your not just grabbing whatever's nearest. Some low fat yoghurt and a handful of dried fruit and nuts has lots of nutritious stuff in it and the yoghurt helps satisfy a bit of a sweet tooth too. If you don't want to waste calories or points, then rice crackers with salsa or hommus is good too and you can throw in some celery and carrot sticks and get an extra serving of vegies.

Return to Diet Talk