It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Easy lunches for work?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Easy lunches for work?

Postby Tango44 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 pm

So at the moment I love salads, but thats not going to last for long anyone got some ideas for quick, healthy lunches - something I can make up myself.

I am trying to save money since I am buying a house but I just can't think of having only salad every day of the week....
Tango44

Postby slimmindown » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:13 pm

In winter I make up a big pot of soup and take to work ,you can freeze it too if it makes it easier, or if its something only you will eat.

theres nothing wrong with a good old sandwhich either i reckon ,or pita bread with healthy ingredients.

tuna on multi grain biscuits is nice, and fruit to fill up on.

homemead pizza on pita bread is always nice to take to work, I use weight watchers cheese and healthy toppings and its yummo.. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:30 pm

that all sounds yummy deb!

you could get those cruskits and have some sort of spread or topping on top- i like cheese and tomato with pepper :)

the soups are a good idea or a batch of stew :)

you could make up a pasta and freeze it...

hmmm cant think of anything else at the moment!
kate_turner2000

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:05 pm

I too make big pots of soup then freeze them in individual servings and take them to work...even in summer (the office where I work is usually Arctic in temperature so it doesn't seem too bad). If you don't have a microwave invest in a small thermos which will keep your soup toasty warm until lunch time

How about a healthy dip with a selection of vegetables for dipping (and maybe some home made pita crisps or some crisp breads).

I like savoury muffins (I put recipes for two different kinds in the Healthy Recipes section yesterday). Again you can make in advance and freeze then take them as you need them.

If you have the Annette Sym books there are lots of recipes suitable for freezing. Again you can make in advance and freeze in individual servings (can even include the cooked pasta or rice...it's like your own frozen dinner but much healthier and tastier than the average McCain dinner).

Can you tell I like to freeze things? :D
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Tango44 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:15 pm

they are all great ideas!!
its a bit warm for soup for me at the moment, but i love the idea of freezing. Thats why we bought the chest freezer.

I have some grain ryvitas so some tomato and a bit of cheese is ideal!

Definately going to make those muffins they sounds absolutely yummy!!!!

Thanks everyone for the ideas, i've been so uninventive lately.
Tango44

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Lately I've just been grabbing a bowl and having a small tin of flavoured 98% fat free tuna, cottage cheese, corn kernels and sliced up tomato. Tis delish :D

Wholemeal pasta mixed with canned crushed tomatoes and plain tuna also makes a great meal. I find it tastes much better after being refrigerated than hot!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby evilwomaniamshe » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:44 am

I like to eat roasted turkey fat free slices on whole wheat bread,with a bunch of lettuce and green peppers inside the sandwich. With a piece of fruit and fat free yogurt and 5 almonds.

Or fat free cottage cheese with a bunch of grapes and celery cut up into it, it is really yummy, plus a can of tuna for protein and a fat free yogurt.

Or try a fruit bowl, cut up a banana, and an apple and mix in 1 fat free blueberry or cherry yogurt, and sprinkle some fiber one cereal on top. It is delish!
evilwomaniamshe
evilwomaniamshe

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:57 am

I often make up extra dinners and have a smaller serving for lunch - sure you get the same meal twice in 2 days but it is quick, simple and not salad :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Tango44 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:39 pm

these are all such great ideas!!!

I'm already planning on doing a big cook up one wweekend with lots of yummy stuff i can freeze....

YAY don't have to have salad alllll the time :-)
Tango44

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:35 pm

All I have for lunch at work is 2 sandwiches with either Vegemite and cheese (or no cheese) or some kind of meat on wholemeal bread. It may not sound that nice but its filling. Also I have a bottle of water and that fills me up even more.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Return to Diet Talk