It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:19 am

Free Newsletter

eating rice & veggives u excellent results

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

eating rice & veggives u excellent results

Postby tamonline » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:03 pm

hi all
was just talking to a friend in USA who told me that she lost 20kgs in 12wks just by eating brown rice with vegetables & fruit.
she walked daily for about 1hr & did some basic excercises at home.
her daily menu consisted of
protein shake breakfast
fruit & fresh veg for snax
lunch cooked brown rice & veg
and the same for tea.
believe it or not her doctor "ok'ed" this diet/plan & she has done woderful on it.
i wonder if anyone else has tried a similar thing at all

thanks
tamonline

Postby Simmy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:19 pm

Wow, 20kg in 12 weeks- thats awesome. But I don't know if I could do that diet for 12 weeks. Were they plain vegies or did she add sauces to them? I have to have some kind of sauce on rice.. plain brown rice and steamed vegies (if thats what ur referring to) doesn't appeal to me. Although such a large drop in weight so shortly is tempting! Although i think my partner would be most unimpressed with that dinner (even for one night)!
Simmy

Postby Dee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:34 pm

It might sounds tempting, but how sustainable would such weight loss be? I mean, once she starts eating something other than rice and veg, would she just start piling the kgs back on?

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby tamonline » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 pm

yes it was very impressive but so true that how boring would brown rice & steamed veg be :P :P :roll:
i could do it for a week but then i would be ravenousfor real food. :twisted: i havent spoke to her for a few weeks so i wonder if she has put it all back on again..i'll let u know

:wink: cheers
tamonline

Postby CrimsonThunder » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:18 am

Dee wrote:It might sounds tempting, but how sustainable would such weight loss be? I mean, once she starts eating something other than rice and veg, would she just start piling the kgs back on?

Dee

My thoughts exactly, straight after the diet she'd probably start going back to tasty foods, like take away. Then comes back the weight.

Weight loss doesn't have to be boring, like eating plain brown rice. You can have delicious and healthy meals and steal lose weight. Its a balance of nutrition, training and rest.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby yummymummy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Im suprised the dr OKed it because there doesnt seem to be alot of protien in the diet (apart from the shake but Im not sure how much is in one of those)
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Diet Talk