It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

McDonalds "Pasta Zoo" Happy Meal

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

McDonalds "Pasta Zoo" Happy Meal

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:22 pm

Hi Guys!

I just saw an ad on the TV for the new Macca's "Pasta Zoo" Happy Meal! It's a serving of 10 animal-shaped pieces of cheese & roasted vegetable ravioli with a tomato and herb dipping sauce, plus a cup of reduced fat milk with a chocolate or strawberry sipahh flavour straw!!!
I looked it up on their site (http://www.mcdonalds.com.au) and it looks great!!!!
Nutritional info is here: http://mcdonalds.com.au/_staging/PDFs/N ... mation.pdf

I'd really like to try it, I think it looks so cute! They have really needed something like this for the kids to eat, because kids aren't going to want to eat one of the salads or baguettes!

Has anyone tried it yet?? What are your thoughts??

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lolly » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Personally, I don't believe they had the nations health the uppermost in their mind when they brought this in.

I have kids - if I took them to Maccas and offered them this, there would be tantrums all around as they have Maccas for a treat - not a healthy meal.

Are they trying to ease the guilt of parents who are too lazy to cook? Or, are they just trying to get the general public back in their favour after all the schools are now banning all junk food?

Yes I am skeptical :lol:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:10 am

i reckon it looks gross. they go on in the media about how fish fingers and nuggets and so on are bad for kids- i think zoo shaped pasta mustve be much better! i agree with lolly, i dont go to maccas to eat healthy- ive never had a salad there or an apple :shock: i go there or any other fast food restaurant once in a blue moon for a treat. my mum tells me that when i was little i used to throw a tantrum every time i saw the golden arches and i wanted maccas all the time but she said i never liked anything there! just the whole idea of going there. ill still continue to buy heidi nuggets or the like.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:56 am

Looks interesting. I guess time will tell if it's a success or not. If they don't prove popular then they'll just take it off the menu. Like my beloved veggie burgers... I miss the veggie burgers :( :(
SarahC

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:14 am

YEah I liked the veggie burgers too Sarah! :( However with the veggie burger and the chicken foldovers it was found to have the same amount of calories as a big mac...which is why I think they disappeared off the menu!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:46 am

I actually think the healthy options are great at Maccas. There have been a few occassions that I have been hungry, with maccas the only option around. I have had the chicken tandori roll each time, I like it. It's 9g on fat, so not the healthiest, but Im just careful for dinner that night I have a salad based meal. Without the sauce I think you save an extra 5g of fat. Zoo pasta doesn't sound like my type of thing (much prefer tandori roll) but will be interesting to see how the kiddies take to it!
Simmy

Postby Flame » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:26 am

The only thing good about the zoo pasta is the tongs u use to eat em man.

*wanders off to subway*
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 pm

haha yeah theyre cute!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:51 pm

Yeah I'm not sure how the kids will take to it, but I do think it's good to have some healthy alternatives for when Maccas is the only option! It's something different anyway :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:36 pm

I grabbed this meal for my 1 year old, better to get her onto this rather than deep fried chips, but it was almost $6 - incredibly expensive for a couple of pieces of ravioli and a glass of milk!

Having said that, realistically, all my kids want is the blasted cheap crappy toy at Maccas anyway, so they'd eat whatever food comes with that. My son, for example, thinks that a Happy Meal comes with apple juice because that's what he gets with it (Honestly who thought Coke was a good idea for kids, anyway???) He only ever eats half his burger and a handful of chips, then attacks the toy. LOL

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Vegetable » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:30 am

I went to mcdonalds on the weekend (my little boy just stopped wetting the bed so it was a BIG reward :P ) and I thought he might like to try the pasta zoo meal..... well, $6 later and after a heartbreaking look on my 3 year olds face when I presented him with it, (the look was kind of like- "oh :cry: ") lol I ended up buying the happy meal, which he thanked me for over and over and really enjoyed. He licked a piece of pasta, (but did drink all of the milk) and that was it...... I agree with everyone else, if your kid goes to Maccas, they want the happy meal (and those crappy toys that I am constantly stepping on! :shock: ) I just had to see for myself :)
Vegetable

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:42 am

that pasta zoo stuff LOOKS disgusting on the tv ads let alone what it would look like actually in front of you!!

Seriously Maccas is like everything else....eat it in moderation and it is fine! If you are having it everyday, then it becomes the problem, but for a treat, if you like that kind of thing, then it is no worries!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:55 pm

I saw a segment on A Current Affair last year and it was about a women who travels around to schools telling kids how bad fast food is an in particular Maccers. She had with her a cheeseburger that was about 10 years old - and it looked just as good as if she had just purchased it. It begs the question just how much preservatives they put into things these days.

My children have not eaten Maccers since about May last year. Hubbie still loves his bacon and egg mcmuffin though!

They wouldn't even look at the pasta meals :?
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 pm

thats like the movie super size me where they store the food in glass jars to see it deteriorate and the chips stayed the same! good movie- it turned me off maccas for a long time!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 pm

the 10 yr old cheeseburger really makes you wonder, what is actually in them :shock:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Next

Return to Diet Talk