It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:51 am

Free Newsletter

Fish oil

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Fish oil

Postby Iwillbefit » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:07 pm

Is it true that taking fish oil capsules aid weight loss?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:38 pm

I've heard that it's supposed to help. But be forwarned. It can make you nauseous... I have puked my bfast a few times after taking it on an empty stomach :P ... so now I always make sure I eat first :wink:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Iwillbefit » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:32 am

Cool then, thanks Milkyway:)
Iwillbefit

Postby originalmel » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:33 pm

yes it's true. All healthy fats can help you lose weight, and you don't retain the fat like you do with unhealthy fats. In fact, you actually need omega oils to help you break down the fat stored on your body. I take fish oil every morning, and a plant oil blend each evening. I also eat avo daily, and fish a couple of times a week. I use extra virgin olive oil to make dressings too.

You should always take supplements with food, as they can make you naseous, but most importantly, they are better absorbed when they are with food so you get more out of them.
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby Vegetable » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 am

A note for anyone with kids, I bought those fish oil burstlets (pink things shaped like little fishies) for my three year old, and he flat out refused to take them, so I squeezed it open (you can either take it in pill form or squeeze the oil out) and tried to disguise it in a milkshake. He refused again. So, as I was getting angry I had just wasted $30 on them, I decided to try one. They are bloody vile!!!! :shock: They just taste disgusting! I dont blame him at all for not taking them........ they ended up in the bin. So beware of the ad saying that "they have a delicious berry flavour the kids will love" Personally I think it tasted more like a fish that was dipped in jam............ hmmmm :lol: lol
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:33 am

wow i recently saw the ad for that on tv and thought hmm maybe i should take them if they look yummy like that and good for you! but then i saw the little girl in the background was given one to take and it looks like she puts it in her mouth but she doesnt really. i dont blame the actors for not even wanting to take one if theyre that vile. thanks for the heads up veg!
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah that's true - it really depends on what you get. I got one for my kids from my chiropractor in the form of a liquid, its been purified from heavy metals and has the "orange" taste. And it does taste like orange, but nevertheless you can still detect the fish. I think it can't be helped to some extent.

I had also bought my kids some mulitivitamin liquid sourced from fish, that was very nice tasting as well but its not available here, you can only get it in Malaysia, China etc. My kids loved that one too. I can't wait to have a holiday over there and stock up on some more. Maybe for those who really don't like it can add it to the milkshakes or something like that :?
Iwillbefit

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:04 pm

Ah vegetable, sorry I read your msg again and totally missed that you put it in the milkshake. Try getting an orange tasting one and see how you go.

I think Today Tonight also featured fish oil for kids, and when I searched it, it said it was called eye-q or something like that. Perhaps you can call the company and see what they say.
Iwillbefit

Postby originalmel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:56 pm

There is a fantastic vitamin you can get for kids from Usana call Usanimals. It's top of the range, and tastes pretty good. My 4yo asks for hers every morning, and loves the taste.

Before anyone asks, yes I am an associate for Usana, but I wont get a cent from reccommending them to you. I really highly reccommend them though, which is why I became an associate :)

There is a website http://www.usana.com.au

Or if anyone wnats to email me about them they can, and I can set it up so you get them monthly for the price I pay (again, I wouldn't receive a cent from this). I would rather that cause I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was trying to profit from being on here - just love the advice!!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Return to Diet Talk