It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 am

Free Newsletter

6 days diet 1 day off

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

6 days diet 1 day off

Postby Iwillbefit » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:19 pm

Well the subject line says it all - what do you all think?

Watching what you eat for 6 days a week and having 1 day off to eat whatever you like....is that bad psychology for the weight loss dieter? Or something to look forward to after being careful the rest of the week?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:23 pm

I would put stipulations on the one day off - you could undo all the good you have done on the previous 6 days with one really really bad day iykwim.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:34 pm

i agree with lolly, your better off having small treats throughout the week than having a massive blow out. its better than u teach yourself good habbits then wait and pig out one day a week
Jisgone

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Yeah its probably best to just get rid of all that junk you used to eat. (Pizza, fast food, ice cream) because then you wont want to eat it after you have reached your weightloss goal.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 am

some of us here have one day a week where we allow ourselves to have a meal of our choosing. last weekend i had lasagne on sunday but it has taken me a week to work it off :? or instead of a meal we will have a choccy bar we have been craving or an ice cream or something. sundays are my weigh in day and the day i choose my treat. we have been invited to a big breakfast this morning so that will be my treat.

if you do have one day off perhaps just make one meal a meal you wouldnt have any other time of the week.
kate_turner2000

Postby Iwillbefit » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:19 am

Hmm yeah I see what you guys are getting at - I don't buy junk food for home at all, yesterday I bought some brie and am planning on having that today and also a lovely thai green curry too.

I'm sooo good for my kids, I wish I could be better for myself too :P Just about the only thing that is processed is bread (vogel's, burgen or bakers delight cape seed), mayonnaise, jam, and some dry biscuits. I make sure I give the kids (and now myself) food that is as much as unprocessed as possible. Damn additives in *everything* :evil: This week I made my own yogurt, and will use that for my muesli.

Kate I like your idea, its like your spoiling yourself for one meal instead of a whole day, like a reward. Having said that there are those who say we shouldn't reward ourselves with food, which I find hard to do when I've been doing that for as long as I remember.
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Lolly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:24 am

)yeah it is all about breaking old habits that have steered us on the wrong course for far too long.

I used to eat takeaway at least once a week. This week I have had some because of blackouts etc BUT have managed to fit them into my calorie intake even though I felt ultra guilty for having them and then exercised extra to cover it lol.

The kids become used to the bad habits too - my boys now expect takeaway on Thursday nights and a lunch order on Fridays - the lunch order is gone (they don't know it yet :twisted: ) and the takeaway is slowly evolving into Subway lol
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Ally » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:03 am

I do the 6 days on one off....it works for me, but I guess I don't pig out the whole day....my theory is I might have a snickers or something like that and then an easy dinner, which may be a crannies pie with some veg. I may even have take away for dinner that night. The whole idea of my day off is I get a break away from cooking. If you are going to use the "day off" as an all out pig out session, then yes it is obviously going to ruin your efforts of the rest of the week, but if you are sensible about it and still only have a serve of what you are going to have and not order up the whole menu, then it is ok. I may use my day off to have a some potato chips or chocolate, or sometimes I just don't want to have those things...I may go to a BBQ and just have some extra meat or a sausage or something like that....it is still all about common sense.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:14 am

even with my one meal off a week i still dont buy takeaway and eat it. i have something home cooked that i wouldnt usually cook throughout the week. we usually have lots of vegies and meat and salad etc. but one night which is a sunday ill have something different. i dont look at it as a reward as i buy myself othe rewards for my weightloss. i just dont want to deprive myself of the things i like its just learning to have them in moderation and not everyday
kate_turner2000

Return to Diet Talk