It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 am

Free Newsletter

E diets program

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

E diets program

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:33 pm

Has anyone here joined up to the e-diet program . I am thinking about it as i think if i has a set menu to follow i wouldnt be to slip up as i am at the moment
cheers jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:02 pm

Hi Jules, yes I'm a member of eDiets.com.
I've been with them since February 2002 (my paid membership with them runs out in January or February 2006 I think)

What they do is offer you a selection of diets to follow. Then when you pick one ie Atkins, eDiets, heart smart, Perricone nutritional face lift, Weight Watcher, Blood type diet and about 30 more.
You pick one and then you follow the menu that pops up on the screen (when you find it doesn't work for you, you simply select another one)

You also list what injuries you have and they supply virtual animated exercises for you to imitate each day, it also tells you how many repititions to do.
They also supply a selection of news letters and hundreds of support threads for you to join (there are one or two for men, one for men and women and the rest are women support threads)

I found that during my time with eDiets, I gained about 26 lbs in weight, why? because after a couple of years of not being able to afford everything on their various diet menu's, I used substitutes and from there I totally went off my diet and just cut out fat as did everyone else on our thread.
Sure I made 16 really great friends on the Buddy Board - Foxy Ladies thread, I even moderated that thread for a while also the Star Trek thread. The Life Odyessey board is one of the challenge threads I'm still doing (they're all American and I had to keep converting my weight to pounds, my kilojoules to calories, my Aus dollars to US dollars and then I had to spell in American so they didn't think I was just a bad speller (there were about 10 words we frequently used that were spelled differently)
I wasn't there to have fun chatting, I wanted the chat to be focused mainly on weight loss. Only one girl in our group actually made it to goal weight.

This weightloss Forum has helped me stay focused on what I'm here for, much more than all the fancy diet forums.

If you stay on track, any diet will work. The key is to stay focused to make sure you stay on that track.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Diet Talk