It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson/ Kate Morgan

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Tony Ferguson/ Kate Morgan

Postby cazar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:17 am

Yesterday I started my first day on the new Kate Morgan program. From the reading I've done it seems to be exactly the same as the Tony Ferguson program, but there's no Terry White chemist in my area so I'm going to Kate Morgan instead. The joining fee is the same and the sachets cost pretty much the same.

I'd love to hear feedback from others that have done or are doing either of these programs.

Yesterday (day 1) I had the shakes for breakfast and lunch, I had a piece of fruit as a snack for morning and afternoon tea. I was a bit hungry at the end of the day, but I think I should have had more salad vegies with my dinner, but I didnt make it so it was a bit out of my control. I have already weaned myself off Diet Coke about 6 weeks ago and went through the headaches/ caffeine withdrawal at that time so I shouldnt have any of those side effects.

I need to lose 16kg and I'm wondering what time frame I can expect to do this in. The shakes are fine, for now. But I really want to get to the maintenance stage so I can replace them with other foods again. how long should I plan to be on this? Any ideas?
cazar

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 am

I saw a Kate Morgan clinic at my local shopping centre and wondered what it was all about... sounds great :D Hope it all goes well for you!

I'm not sure how long it would take, but I guess you could bank on 0.5kg to 1kg a week at the most. Everyone loses weight at different speeds. Maybe check with the clinic what they think :?
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:28 am

never heard of kate morgan but it sounds like tf. there are a few tf threads on here so have a browse around. my cousins work for mr ferguson and i have a few friends on it. i couldnt afford to be on it being a single income family and all, but pretty much followed the same principles- high protein low carbs.

make sure you follow it to the 'T' though for optimum results. best to talk to a consultant at kate morgan so they can answer your questions. as sarah said, everyone is different :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:30 am

All the best Cazar....keep us updated with your progress!!! I can't pass comment on it as I have never heard of it, however we have some here on TF and it works well for them, so if it is pretty much the same principal, then you will see results!!! YOu can do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby cazar » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:08 am

Well today is day 3 on the program and I've just had my breakfast shake. I avent been hungry so far, and I also havent had headaches which has been good. I've tried 3 flavours of the shakes and I dont really like one of them, but two of them have been nice. I might see if I can swap the ones I dont like.

Today being thursday means I only have to get through today and tomorrow at work, the weekends will be easier because I'll be more active, rather than sitting at my desk thinking about food!

I sneaked a look on the scales this morning after just 2 days completed, and they've already gone down about 1.5kg. I've read up on the program and I'm aware that a lot of the first week weight is water weight, but its still motivating to see the number on the scales drop.....

If anyone else is on these programs I'd love to hear about it.
cazar

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:52 am

hey cazar
you are right the first week or two is weight weight, but still thats weight you dont have in your body anymore! its always motivating to see the scales going down. keep at it and keep us posted :)
kate_turner2000

Postby cazar » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:46 am

Okay I have completed week 1 on the program and I lost 2.4kg. I'm really happy with this result as I still managed to eat out 3 times, and was able to make better choices to fit within the program. I am finding the shakes really delicious and after the first 2 or 3 days I find that I'm not hungry, only at the usual times when its been a few hours!
I'm feeling motivated which is the best thing at the moment and I'm looking forward to next week!
cazar

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 am

Well done Cazar...keep up the great work and keep us updated on your progress......feel free to get a ticker if you would like to as well to show off your success!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:09 am

Image doing well there cazar- i love feeling motivated it really helps with the weightloss journey doesnt?!
kate_turner2000

Postby cazar » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:46 am

Exactly Kate! I know I could lose weight doing many different programs, mostly its about getting your head in the right space and what I need at the most is something I have to stick to. I know this program wont work if I stray, so I'm sticking to it. It wouldnt matter which program I was following, at the end of the day I make the decisions about what I eat etc.. but at the moment having a fairly strict program is what is working. I dont have to think, to weight and count, I just eat what I am supposed to and its a lot less stress.

My best friend is returning from a year overseas in 12 weeks, and I'd really like to have made enough progress that I'll look much improved for our 'reunion'! So I've got a goal to focus on and I've got a strategy (my plan) now I've just got to tick off the weeks as they go by!

Thanks for your support, it all helps!
cazar

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:27 pm

sounds like a great plan cazar and it sounds like you are in the right frame of mind to be successful and that is brilliant!
kate_turner2000

Postby cazar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Update at the end of week 2. I lost 1.2kg this week, bringing my total loss to 3.6kg.

Its the first day of the week after my weigh in and I'm determined to be really careful for the rest of the week, as I've let a few things sneak in because I've been feeling really confident.

However, one thing that has changed is I have some very clear, specific goals written down. I'm 0.2kg off reaching a loss of 5% of my starting weight. And I have lost of mini goals with smallish intervals so I should be achieving one every couple of weeks. And I've listed the rewards that I want when I reach each one which I look at regularly and I'm using that to help keep me focused.

I'd love to hear feedback from others following the tony ferguson program, I'm finding it generally pretty easy, I'm not hungry (other than at the usual meal times) and I really enjoy the shakes that I have and I havent gotten sick of them yet which is also a bonus.

Hopefully next week I'll reach my first goal, and I'll be treating myself to a manicure!
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3c7c60/]
[/url]
[/img]
cazar

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Well done on your loss Cazar.....I think we only have one lady here doing TF at the moment and that is Hayley and she is in the process of packing and moving towns.....she should be back in a few weeks though.....keep going mate you are doing a wonderful job!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:49 pm

well done cazar. ally is right, hayley is still in the midst of moving but im sure she would love a chat when she gets back :)

well done on your loss so far. it is hard not to get cocky over a loss and control yourself but you seem to be holding it together well. keep it up and thanks for the update!
kate_turner2000

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi Cazar,

I am doing the Success program from Amcal which I think is very similar too, So far I have lost 4.9kgs in just under 3 weeks!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Next

Return to Diet Talk