It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

SureSlim>?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

SureSlim>?

Postby jestxx » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:50 am

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyne has tried SS and what they thought of it? I think i need something that little extra to help me get through from week to week. Any info would be great.
jestxx

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:05 pm

Hey, how's it going?
I dont know much about it but I've heard that you cant eat for 5 hours in between meals :shock: :shock: :shock:
I know a couple people who lost a few kilos on it but they couldnt maintain the diet (or the expense) and put all the weight back on (plus a bit more) when they went off it. Sorry to put a dampener on it but maybe someone who knows more can be some help?
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm

My sister (not Lolly - the other sister) was on ss for a while. She didn't have any problem going without food (the only one of us that could do it) for 5 hours. It did her allergies the world of good though, and while she follows that diet, she is virtually free of allergy symptoms that have plagued her almost all her life.

She did gain the weight back when she went off it though. And now she is doing the optislim program.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:33 pm

and its a few hundred dollars isnt it?
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi Jest,

I did SureSlim last year and if I could afford it I would join again, I loved it. Yes I did gain some of what I had lost back again but that was due to health probs unrelated to SureSlim.

The 5 hour gap is important so you need to be able to do that and there will be some food you will have to avoid but there is plenty of others you can have.

For it to work properly you need to be strict with yourself, I think there is someone else here that is doing SureSlim so she may have some advice for you. Good luck with what ever you decide.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Vegetable » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:28 am

Sureslim did not work for me personally. Firstly, it costs $900 (Im STILL paying mine off from 18 months ago :cry: ) for me it was too much, but I felt at the time that I needed something strict to keep me on track. Every month I had to get about $100 worth of pills (their multivitamin and mineral suppliment, chromium, physillium husks, physillium hulls, iron tablets, Hsn, Liva, and the seeds you need to eat They were VILE!!!!! Like birdseed but much worse) Anywyay, money wise it was far too much for me (Im a single mum) I did lose weight, and I lost it really fast (in the four weeks I was doing it I lost nearly 15 kg) but, my family couldnt eat the meals I was eating at all, (turned their noses up) The food was bland and horrid and BORING most of all...it is so restrictive too, (not bread, no potatoes, carrot, corn, peas, (starchy vegetables) cereals, pastas, some fruits, most cheeses, some meats packeted, processed foods..... It was full on. I felt light headed the entire time, grumpy, depressed... my nails chipped and started to break, I lost a massive amount of hair (until I had a visible bald patch in the back of my head) and for me personally, It was the worst program I have ever tried money wise, health wise, (they dont recommend you do exercise which seems bizaare to me) mentally, it was terrible for me. Oh, and I lost 15 kgs in 4 weeks on SS. When I finished, I gained 19 kgs in 8 weeks. I was making sure to eat healthy, fresh, normal foods, and I still gained it all back and more. I have met a lot of ppl that have had negative experiences like mine, but also a lot of people who swear by it.... I guess its just how your body adjusts to the program. xx
Vegetable

Postby yummymummy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Im on sureslim and I love it :D I joined back in Aug last year and so far Ive lost 16 kgs. My weight loss has stopped (mainly due to not being as strict with myself diet wise)but I havnt regained any of the weight Ive lost. I didnt have to take any supplements although they do sell them in the clinic.I enjoyed the seads which I add to my evening meal each night or have it with my musuli in the morning(the seads are pumkin seads, sesame seads and sunflower seads)
Its the first time Ive been in control of my weight
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:30 pm

It is great to see both sides of the coin here......that is what makes this forum so great!! I am glad it is working for you Jody.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby vanessa0305 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:44 pm

My sister did this program. It was very very expensive and very restrictive. I couldn't have done it~! But she lost 25kgs in about 6 months which is fantastic!

I started Curves and their diet about the same time and have lost 24kgs. So its about on par with other good diets.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby zoeh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 pm

I started it two days ago...well today is my second day

I have to say my stomach is a lot flatter but I think I was really bloated and I feel good so far!! Teaching me to be organised with the 5 hour eating break etc

And I love the breakfast on the program, I have yoghurt, hot apple with cinnamon and the seeds mmmmmmmmmmmmm its sooooooooooooooooooooo good

a few things were irregular in my blood test and I am very interested to see if they go to normal (they reckon they will after 4 weeks) so I really want to see this through to see what the results of that blood test in 4 weeks will be. That will be proof the diet works.
zoeh

Return to Diet Talk