It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:15 am

Free Newsletter

question for maintenance crew/long term weight loss ppl

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

question for maintenance crew/long term weight loss ppl

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:50 pm

I wanted to ask those who are on maintenace or who go through long term weight loss - is it normal to slack off for more than a week. I've picked up on the fact that when I get really upset over someone or things that life throw at me I seem to drop the whole ball.

So is it normal? Like, those who lose weight say over a period of 6months to a year when we hear it takes that long, is it normal to slack off all that time? Say a week or ten days...my exercise routine really relies on the weather as I'm just doing walking the whole time...and when its rainy I can't get out..
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Jisgone » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Ive been going for 34 weeks or about 8 months now (i cant believe it, times flown) and i find i have a few weeks off but they are few and very far between. Ive been sick a few times and not been able to hit the gym due to that but at those times ive always kept up with my eating, the only time i really slacked off was the week between xmas and new years where i didnt go to the gym as much as usual and i ate pretty badly. Some times i feel like i could take a week off but i try and push through it and it makes that weeks loss all the more worth it! i guess u just have to teach yourself to stop making excuses because its sooo easy to do, if u try hard enough theres always a reason to slack off
Jisgone

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Its sometimes good to take a break if you're not feeling up to it or your motivation has disappeared. Hopefully after a week or two away from exercise you'll miss it and come back even more focused. During this time you should still follow a good diet though coz then you would undo some of your good work.
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:32 pm

im too scared to take a week off, ide enjoy it so much i wouldnt start again hehe
Jisgone

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm

lol thanks for the reply guys...

loool yeah jewles its not exactly a conscious decision not to get off the bandwagon, just emotions and all that crap weaken me and shake me up :P
Iwillbefit

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 pm

i think its a bit easier for me cause im going on a cruise in november, so i know i only have 34 weeks and 1 day to lose 26.4kgs and reach my goal :) so to take a week off could be the difference between reaching my goal and not so it keeps by butt at the gym hehe
Jisgone

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:16 pm

lol that's what I call a good incentive:)
Iwillbefit

Return to Diet Talk