It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

multivitamins

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

multivitamins

Postby Jisgone » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:18 pm

well i think im coming down with tonsilitis again :( it will be the third time since november! i have a stiff neck, a sore throat and just feel shocking, i took the day off the gym and had a nap and still feel just as horrible
so ive just started taking a multivitamin a few days ago (swisse womens multivit) and im meant to take it once a day, but im trying to find out if i can take it twice when im not feeling the best and if it might help kill this tonsilitis before it gets bad cause now im allergic to penicillan tonsilitis is a pain in the bum :(
Jisgone

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Multivitamins will only help if you are actually defficient in the vitamins included. Many vitamins are unable to be stored for very long by your body, so taking extra probably wont help much - all you'll end up with is vitamin rich wee! (lol)

Perhaps if you're crook try extra Vit C and some garlic supplemts (they do help) Don't neccessarily go for echinacea - I know a lot of people say it's great for the immune system, but it's actually much better in prevention than in cure.

Have you tried honey and lemon gargle? The honey soothes the pain and the lemon helps to kill the infection. Eucalyptus losengers are also good for killing infections...

Hopefully I'm actually adding something you don't know, rather than simply rambling on about crap you already know.

Get Better Soon

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Jisgone » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:17 pm

thanks, i didnt know much about the multivits maybe ill try the gurgle, and go to the doc tomorrow and yell at him till he takes them out
.. anyone got any sharp scissors? :P
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:02 am

aw feel better soon jewles, take it easy from the gym too u need ur body ti fight the sickness not the fat at the moment~!
kate_turner2000

Return to Diet Talk