It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Lemon Detox Diet - I have started!! AAAAH!!

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Lemon Detox Diet - I have started!! AAAAH!!

Postby Monica » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh my god...today is the first day and it is soooooo hard!!

For anyone who doesn't know - Lemon Detx is a total fad diet whereby you fast for a week. All you can consume is this lemon tea drink - which is really gross by the way..

Anyway, as you can tell I am in a really bad mood because my body is detoxing. They say it gets better after the 2nd day... hope so. It is only 7 days anyway so can't be too bad right.

I need to also confess that I has a chai latte today - about 1/2 an hour ago to be exact. it was sooo good. Hope it didn't wreck the diet.

I will keep you posted on ow my 7 days go... too grumpy to write anymore at the moment.

Bye :x
Monica

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm

HI monica

i think you have to try these things to see whats good and whats bad about them. please keep us updated, i am interested in hearing about it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 am

Good luck Monica, I hope it goes really well! I have tried the diet three times so far, and each time I only made it to about 5 or 6pm, whereby I couldn't stand in any longer and had to get some food into my mouth!! I think as well I found the drink a bit sickening as I'm not used to that much sugar :(

I am sure that after the first few days you will be used to it and the rest of the time will be a breeze! Stay strong :wink:
SarahC

Postby kris » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:13 pm

Monica hows day 2 going? Hope today is better for u... i found day 2 easier than day 1.
I'm wanting to go back on it for about 4-5 days as i still have some mixture left! I might start tomorrow. I found that i only drank 2-3 glasses of the tea each day, then lots of water and a herbal tea too.
To keep me motivated i kept jumping on the scales (a couple times a day!!!) Good Luck!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGvCuHz/]
kris

Postby Monica » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:34 pm

thanks for the feedback guys. I agree that the syrup is way too sweet, and I am only drinking about 3 glasses a day because it makes me sick!

Day 2 is still pretty hard, I have a headache and feel like I am going mad. i really hope it gets better tomorrow.I don'tthink I will make it past 6 days. Will reasses tomorrow... :cry:

Evil detox....

how many days did you guys manage to get to?
Monica

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:48 pm

do you know if you have lost any weight yet monica?
kate_turner2000

Postby Monica » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Kate,

I lost 800grams on day 1 but I am waiting till tomorrow morning to weigh myself again.

Even if I lose weight - it will be really hard to keep it off once i' finished... guess I will find out if I can do it or not after I have finished...
Monica

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 pm

hi monica well kudos to you for giving it a go :)
kate_turner2000

Postby cazar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:58 pm

I am so glad to see that someone else is currently on the detox. I am on day 4 today and so far I have found day 3 and 4 easier than the 1st two.

Yesterday morning I was struggling to swallow the drink, it was just so strong. So I poured out half a glass and topped the rest of the glass with water and it made a HUGE differnce. It tastes more like cordial that way instead of the strong drink. I really recommend that you try watering it down because you'll get through the recommended 6 glasses much easier and you'll be able to stick to it longer because you wont find it so awful.

However I am still finding it difficult not eating. When I am really honest with myself I havent been hungry, I just really, really want to eat. But the good news is that I am craving beautiful healthy foods. I would kill for some steamed vegies and a piece of grilled chicken. Or in the mornings when it is chilly, I would love my porridge. But I am trying to tell myself that I just have to get through a couple of days more and then I can start eating again.

I lost 2.3kg after the first 3 days. I expect that I will put some of it back on again when I come off the detox, but I'm hoping that I can be really careful with what I eat so that I can minimise the gain.

I would love to go to 10 days because I know it would be the most beneficial, but I really miss food and I really want to eat so at this stage I'm looking at 7 days. But I'm trying not to let myself off too easily with the 7 days because then I know I will definitely stop at that point.

Have you been doing the salt water flush? I only did it the first day and I couldnt stomach it so I'm just taking the tea morning as well as night.....
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3c7c60/]
[/url]
[/img]
cazar

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:28 pm

You guys are all doing so well. I am very impressed! I think to get through one day is a wonderful achievement, but to do many days in a row 8) Keep up the good work!

I found (after my 12-hour effort!) that I got really cold as well. I don't know if it was my metabolism slowing down that made me cold, or quite what caused that :?
SarahC

Postby cazar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 pm

There's an american forum for the master cleanse (which is what the lemon detox diet is) and a lot of people on there have commented on feeling cold.

Last night my husband and I were both cold (he is doing it too) and I'm putting it down to the detox. Also his legs were aching (which has also been touted as a symptom of detoxing). I'm usually cold anyway so I'm not sure if its much different than usual for me!

I actually cant believe I've made it this far. I have come SO close to giving up pretty much every single day. But I think I'm being a bit competitive because my husband is doing it and I dont want to be the weak one! Also two of our good friends lasted for 14 days on it and they're the ones who originally told us about it and I'd feel like such a wimp if I cant even make it to 7 days while they can do 14!
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3c7c60/]
[/url]
[/img]
cazar

Re: Lemon Detox Diet - I have started!! AAAAH!!

Postby Baie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I wanna weight loose but i have no idea what should i do??????

any one explain me step by step..:(
Baie

Return to Diet Talk