It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Lite & Easy- 1st delivery

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby pixychic86 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 pm

thats right Chelle, i totally understand. im a DINK(double income no kids), so its not too bad. my fiance buys his own food, which isnt much, cuz he doesnt eat brekkie, and buys takeaway for lunch, and wateva for dinner (skinny b#r#tard eats what he wants!)

i reckon it doesnt matter how u do it, expensive or not, u can get to ur goal.

Jess!
Lite & Easy gal!

12 WEEK CHALLENGE!!!!
(15/04/07- 09/07/07)

-START WEIGHT 96.6KG
week 1- 94.6kg
-------------------------------------------------------
HW-105.4kg
CW-94.6kg
GW-65kg
pixychic86

Postby enli » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:30 pm

Oh I hear ya!!! My hubby does the same... We are also double income and only "fur kids" so the only objection he had to me going on L & E was that i wouldn't be cooking for him anymore :roll: .

Enli - are you eating the snacks without the meal?

I am doing similar to you but I think my body is used to me grazing all day rather than a sit down meal. I was much better today though I didn't eat my lunch at all as I split breakfast in half then dinner in half and ended up grazing all day on Lite N Easy food and not hungry at all even without lunch and only one snack. I'm sure I'll settle into it though. How is everyone else going on it so far?
enli

Postby Dancing Queen » Sun May 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Another shift worker here! Single, 1 cat.

I think the hardest thing about shifts is eating healthy, doesn't matter what you try.

Plus, when I am getting read to go to work at 12 noon, the last thing I can think of is what to have/make for dinner.

Some days I take frozen meals but they aren't filling, other times I'll eat at the staff room where oil is the main ingredient or if I am really good, I will make my dinner and take it with me.

I had considered getting the lite and easy meals for work. However, do you have to get them each week? I work 7 afternoon shifts a fortnight and the other days I generally cook my own dinner, although sometimes, I don't feel like cooking and will just make a huge bowl of pasta or a heap of eggs...really bad. But this is laziness and I'm making an effort to get out of it so I would rather cook proper meals when I am home in the evenings than rely on frozen.

I would like to get 7 dinners only, every two weeks. Would they allow that?

I don't want to ring/email them because then you get pestered by emails or calls. I'd rather have the knowledge upfront.

Can anyone help?
Dancing Queen

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:47 pm

carmen can probably help because she is on lite and easy. kimmy used to do lite and easy as well so hang tight i am sure someone will get back to this post :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dancing Queen » Mon May 28, 2007 3:09 pm

I just had a look on the website. I saw it advertised on tele, didn't think to look for a website.

I need to know if all the dinners are microwaveable though for work.

They are a bit more expensive that shop meals but I worked out 14 meals (would last me a month for work) is $120.00 . That's not too bad really.

Someone posted they are bigger than the coles/lean cuisine ones which would probably mean I wouldn't end up eating sao crackers and bread rolls at work which is not very good really. A decent mean would be much better!
Dancing Queen

Postby talia11 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:01 pm

You can just order dinners with Lite N Easy - just call them on 131512. I this week ordered my husband 7 dinners - it cost $67. No pressure at all from them - they aren't like WW or anything else - that is they dont do the hard sell - you just call up and thats it.
the meals are definitely bigger than the ones you buy at Coles, and yes, the LnE ones are more expensive - but have better fat/sodium content than those Lean Cuisine ones.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby talia11 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:02 pm

oh and you can't order the dinners alone on the website - or I tried and it didnt let me. I think you have to call them.

talia11

Postby Dancing Queen » Tue May 29, 2007 10:14 am

Thanks!

I'll give them a call then.

I looked at the meu and it's great.
Dancing Queen

Postby sassi » Tue May 29, 2007 11:02 am

Dancing Queen wrote:I looked at the meu and it's great.

ohhhh...i just looked at the dinner meals as well. they sound really nice!
sassi

Postby talia11 » Tue May 29, 2007 4:27 pm

they are awesome and over 60 i think to choose form. Let me know if you want ideas about them _ i have tried alot and some are way better than others - my fav? Spinach and Ricotta Tortelinni!!

talia11

Postby Chelle » Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 pm

I wish I can do L&E it would be so nice not to cook every night
Chelle

Postby sassi » Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 am

Chelle wrote:I wish I can do L&E it would be so nice not to cook every night
i'm so spoilt at the moment - my partner and i are living with his mum for a bit and she cooks dinner every night :oops: although it does make it hard to control what you eat.

when i lived in the uk i used to get marks & spencers meals for about half the week - they had a whole range of frozen (or refrigerated) meals that were low fat/low calorie. and so yummy!
sassi

Previous

Return to Diet Talk