It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

How much have you lost??

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

How much have you lost??

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi :)
I just realised (after replying to Kate's last message) that some pple dont have tickers...does that mean you are at your goal weight? For the ppl without tickers, (and everyone else :) ) How much weight have you lost? Which diet did you/are you following?
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby BubbleButt » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi there,

My ticker only shows my mini goal as I'd rather work on that than concentrating on my major goal.

I started at 149.9kgs a few years ago and after losing some weight and then gaining it back doing the whole yo-yo thing, I started on this forum at 126kgs. I believe I'm sitting on about 122kgs now. I want to eventually get down to 70kgs, but for now, my goal is 120kgs.

I am currently on the Tony Ferguson programme and loving it. I was on it for a little while last year but got sick, so had to stop it until I recovered. While I was off of it, I followed a Low GI eating plan and that was working too which was good. The only time my eating plans don't work are when I don't exercise. I have PCOS and weight is my biggest problem. I've tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Sureslim, Lite'n'Easy, Symply Too Good Too Be True, the list goes on and only Low GI and Tony Ferguson seems to work for me with a lot of exercise at the same time and metformin which I take to help with my insulin resistance. Without the exercise though I might as well not bother as that for me has been the clincher where weightloss is concerned.

Good luck with your weight loss and I hope you share your journey with us. I made the big jump and posted my pic on the forum the other day.. yikes!!! :roll:

:mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby *KaTe* » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:56 pm

I used to have a ticker, but got over it. Im doing a program through a naturopath and loving it. Have never felt better my whole life, is awesome.

I've always been fixated on what the scales say, but since having a long discussion with my personal trainer and naturopath I now know that I should focus more on my measurements than what the scales are telling me. After the conversations I had the other day I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, surrendering to the scales in my opinion is de-motivating and not accurate.

I've been doing the program for 8 weeks now, and have lost around 8 kgs or so...but since I've started training again the scales say I have put on weight blah blah blah....but every week i get measured and found out the other day ive lost 64 cms off my whole body in 8 weeks, which is HUGE. I'm stoked.

But since my whole weightloss journey over a yr n a half I've lost nearly 30kgs on the scales..
So yeh ive finally realised that im alot closer to my goal then what I originally thought!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby vanessa0305 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 pm

I have lost a lot, I find my ticker helps me to keep motivated. Having lots and lots of trouble losing the last 2kgs!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:47 pm

I got to my goal weight this morning :D I loved my ticker, found that it really helped to keep me motivated and wanting to push it forward!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:23 am

WOW! :shock: You have all done so well! You are so inspirational! :D
Playboy_bunny

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:59 am

I've lost 35kg to date (reached this at about October last year) and am having trouble with the last 5. I've done this by basically exercising more (initially walk/jogging and now cycling) and eating better (mostly cutting down on sugars and bad fats and controlling overeating and trying to make most of what I eat a natural source/unrefined)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Karnak » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:57 am

I tried to do a ticker but it didn't work.

I started at over 188kg and down to 129kg - so thats 59kg so far - or as I like to call it - I've lost a medium person :)

I've been at it about a year - I'm not the greatest dieter in the world but its coming off turtle style.

I'm doing step into life and other exercise 5 times a week and my diet is based upon the food pyramid (I know, its ground breaking !). I've varied things as I've gone but at the moment I'm on 6 small meals a day and its been working well.
Karnak

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:28 pm

21 kg :) from 91-70kg and i was going to go further down to 65 but i am happy where i am. i like to have to little grpahics in my signature and if i had a ticker there i wouldnt have enough room for them which is why i dont have a ticker. ive no doubt put on some weight since reaching my goal cos i dont weigh myself i go by the fit of my clothes now. i know i am quite bloated at the moment though which sucks.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:48 pm

WOW Kate :shock: 21 kgs that is FAB!
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:49 pm

yep better than a kick in the teeth or worse... gaining more and more weight
kate_turner2000

Return to Diet Talk