It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

Okay..I need some quick advice Plzzzz...

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Okay..I need some quick advice Plzzzz...

Postby zojo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:07 pm

okay Girl's + Guy's :P I need some super advice from you all asap as DH is taking me out for tea tonight and I don't know what I can eat?? :shock:

I am on Xenical..so I have to watch the fat intake (as well as Cal's :roll: ) otherwise I will end up with some nasty side effects :oops:

This is my 1st time at going out for Dinner whilst being on Xenical so I'm not sure what it is that I can consume :?

I hope someone can steer me in the right direction :)

TIA

zojo.
xx
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:25 pm

hmmm...

how about somewhere like hogs breath or lone star? where they have steaks or chicken breast with a side of vegies or salad?
kate_turner2000

Postby zojo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:39 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hmmm...

how about somewhere like hogs breath or lone star? where they have steaks or chicken breast with a side of vegies or salad?

Nice thought Kate..but where I live we don't have anywhere in town like that :roll:

I'm going to a Seafood, Pasta + Steak Restaurant where they do do Chicken dishes etc.

Seafood doesn't do much for me I'm affraid LOL..I'd love to have a nice piece of Steak but I don't think that that's a good idea under the circumstances :P

I'd like to have some pasta but not sure what kind of pasta I'm allowed to eat ???
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:43 pm

pasta withouth creamy sauce. go for one with a tomato based sauce. dont go for a creamy one and dont go for a pesto one as it has oil in it :P not too good with the medication you are on! enjoy it though, say no to the bread! eat lots of vegies and salad with no dressing. put your knife and fork down between bites and sip water. enjoy yourself, if it was like mick and i were dont get out a lot so i would make the most of it [email protected]
kate_turner2000

Postby zojo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Thanx Kate Sweetie...ooohhh I'm sooooooo nervous LOL..
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:19 pm

you will be fine :) enjoy yourself i am sure you will make great decisions :)
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:24 pm

Sorry I will be absolutely no help here

Last Saturday night we went out for dinner. Before we got there I had all good intentions of eating something healthy. I ended up ordering a steak (which was nearly half the size of my plate) with chips and a salad. It came to the table as steak and a jacket potato with about 5 lettuce leaves. Mind you out of 7 adult meals and 3 kids meals, the only ones they didnt stuff up were the kids meals :shock:. I ate all of my steak and about a quarter of the potato. Needless to say, we werent happy with the service or the quality and ended up getting vouchers to go there again.

Ended up going there on Wednesday for lunch (without the kiddies :D ) and ordered a chicken parmigana with vegetables. Tasted better than Saturday night's effort but the whole time I was thinking "I should have ordered something else". Then I washed it down with some cheesecake :shock:

Ohhhhhh welllllllllll.... I guess we all learn hey.

Sorry I made this about me lol - I just wanted to give you an example of what not to do when eating out :lol:

P.S. I ate well the rest of the day if that counts :oops:
emma21

Postby zojo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:00 am

Hmmmmmm yes well... :oops: I found it sooooooo hard to choose off of the menu :(

Everything either was full of fat..you know like cheesy or creamy or deep fried and so on and so on.... :?

I ended up having a Chicken Schnitzel - pan cooked + not deep fried, with a little Dianne sauce instead of the Kilpatrick that I normally have, umm..oh, I asked for there to be no salt on my chips + no dressing on my garden salad :) oh, and I had a glass of water with my meal instead of a Lemon/Lime Bitters :D

When I got my meal, my Chicken Schnitzel was almost the size of my plate :shock: Dianne sauce all over it including on my garden salad :shock: :? it looked like it may as well been deep fried anyway :roll: :?

I ate ALL of my Chicken, a few of my chips and some of my salad..some of my lettece leaves had started to turn black eeeewwww :shock: so I didn't really eat much of that LOL..

I felt really, really guilty for eating a WHOLE chicken breast fillet and because I found it hard to choose off the menu..I don't ever want to go out for a meal again...I hate not having any control of how my food is cooked. :(

It was very tasty..don't get me wrong..but for weight loss, it wasn't overly that good.

Oh well, I guess it's all trial and error isn't it??

I haven't had any side effects yet LOL..I'm still waiting for that to happen :shock: :oops:

zojo.
xx
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:53 pm

hey zojo

awww sorry you had a terrible meal. theres nothing worse i think. especially when you are out to enjoy it and spending the money on it. i think you did great being conscious of what you were ordering. its a shame they didnt have more of a variety on the menu.

i guess at least it was a once off and not every night.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Did you enjoy your night out other than foodwise though??? I hope you had a good time with your hubby!!

Just remember when ordering out like that, you have the right to tell them to take it back and make them do it again....I know it is not the nicest thing to do, but when you place a specific order and it is not right, it is the customer's right to ask for it to be done again...I had this happen to me when I ordered some fruit salad. I asked for just a bowl of fruit salad with no ice cream or cream...and it came out in a parfait glass smothered in both....I politely asked her to take it back and she gotty shirty with me, but I didn't care!! I know that I was polite and not rude......

I hope you don't have any nasty side effects from your meal matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Diet Talk