It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Free Newsletter

KATE TURNER :D

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

KATE TURNER :D

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:39 pm

Hi Kate! :)
You have done so well with your weightloss, and I have read that you did low carb...I was just wondering if you wouldnt mind sharing, what would a typical day have looked like for you food wise? I dont think Ill be able to keep up CS after the ones mum bought are gone, and Id like to be able to eat 'real' food but maybe contibue low carb :) So, yeah...what did you eat in a day?? Im so confused! Thanks Kate! :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:07 pm

hey gracie :)

firstly ill just mention that when i tell people i did low carb they get all funny about it (some people) and i just want to say that the reason i decreased my carb intake was because they made me feel bloated and it amounted to much time on the loo if i ate it! lol. i first cut down to wholemeal varieties of bread and pasta etc and that did help but not entirely. since losing the weight i have started to include these foods back again. the following is a list of foods i would have (not all in one day of course!) and i would allow myself a treat every so often like red frogs or allens pineapples :P i have to say that since losing weight i havent been eating this way completely but i know when i need to pull my socks up and do something about things sneaking in. a day in the life of me was really:

breakfast - serve of fruit, glass of milk (was never a big breakfast eater anyway but figured its best to start the day with something)

snack- fruit, diet jelly lollies i made (even though i didnt like them very much!), boiled egg, cold meat

lunch- salad (heaps of salads!) without dressing (dont like dressing) with egg and ham or an omlette or piece of lean meat like chicken breast, grated light cheese and salad, or fritatta type things with grated vegies and egg and cooked in saucepan

snack- carb smart ice cream, fruit

dinner- grilled lean meat, cold meat, salad, vegies, gravy etc (no potato)

i have a george foreman grill so i like to use that a lot. i never starved and really felt great eating lots of healthy food. the protein really filled me up too as well as drinking my 2litres of water, diet cordials, coke zero (or any diet softdrink) jarrah hot chocolattes and id have them with a sweetner in it.

if i would get peckish id have a darrell lea sugarfree milk chocolate bar. to help with cravings i would also have the wrigleys EXTRA DROPS or the double d lollies but i didnt really like those :?

plus i would exercise everyday - no excuses! lol. but as i always say to people, i would not go to bed at night if my 2litres of wtaer hadnt been consumed. i found it to be vital. and even though sometimes i would be so busy with the baby and i would get to 4pm and go 'wow i need to drink my water'. going from someone who only had water when they brushed their teeth to someone who had to drink at least 2litres a day, i had to push myself at first.

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. remember just because i didnt have complex carbs doesnt mean i didnt get carbs from other sources like the other vegies i was eating. pumpkin and carrots and corn are high in carbs too.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:20 pm

WOW :shock: Thanls so much Kate for such a detailed answer :D
I think i will definately go the low cab way...I also find that when I eat carbs (nread, pasta. rice) I get pains in the tummy and get quite windy :oops: lol I also think they are one of those things that are 'more-ish' for me? Like mmmm toast, cant just have 1 piece, Ill have 4 .... :x lol Ill start tomorrow :) i am really excited about it! I agreed with what you said before too, its hard to go through the detox thing with kids...like today I was such a grump, and its not fair to be a grumpy mummy! (or feel like cr*p either! :D)
Thanks so much Kate, Ill let you know how I get on! :D
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:26 am

hey gracie no probs. hope you go ok on it. i was reading late last year that it makes sense to eat lots of fresh food because thats what they did centuries ago before they had complex carbs. it made sense to me anyway! lol. i also find that carbs are very more-ish! before starting to lose weight id have like 3 toasted sandwiches for lunch :shock:

if you decide to do the celebrity slim program, then dont just have a shake during the day when you feel like one AS WELL as your normal 3 meals. those meal replacement sachets are quite calorie loaded because theyre replacing whole meals for some people.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:12 pm

thanks so much Kate :D
Playboy_bunny

Return to Diet Talk