It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Free Newsletter

How do you stop at one?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you stop at one?

Postby A*Del » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:21 pm

So I am serious chocoholic...really. And I thought that it would be sort of stupid to cut it out of my diet entirely, so I brought a multi pack of Freddos and planned on having one a day.
The problem is last night I didn't just have one. When chocolate is sitting there I just have to eat it.
Has any one got any tips? I'm thinking it will be easier if I just don't buy any chocolate...if it's not there I won't eat it.
There's nothing sexy about skin and bones - you gotta have some junk in the trunk!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:55 pm

hey adele

yep dont buy it if you can control yourself with it. can someone else in your household take control of it and only give you one freddo a day? i cant have things like that in my house because i cant stop at one piece. some people believe that you should have a bit here and there so you dont crave it as much. i used to buy the darrell lea sugarfree chocolate bars because my nearest darrell lea was heaps far away so i knew once that bar was gone i couldnt have anymore.

Postby molligrub » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi there,

I also have this problem big time. I've found that if I have a packet of chokkies UNOPENED in my cupboard, it's easiest, because I don't feel deprived (I am ALLOWING it to be in my pantry, and I can have some if I desperately want it), and it's easier to delay eating it as long as the packet is unopened. Once it's opened, I save my treat for just before bed-time, coz then you don't have very long to obsess about it before you go to bed, and limits the opportunity to keep eating.

If I forbid myself having any, then at the first time someone offers me chocolate (and without fail it's always the next day after my decision not to eat it) then I ALWAYS have a big cave and eat a huge amount. Deprivation doesn't work. For me, anyway.

Hope you find a solution!

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!

Postby vanessa0305 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

I can't let it in the house either, otherwise I eat will power!

Postby shelbel » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:40 pm

Im so the same, a have a choc free home! My partner knows if he wants it, he has to hide it very well!!

Try some jarrah hot choc!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:01 pm

I agree with everyone else, I KNOW I cant just have one, so I just dont buy it! Otherwise, Ill eat it all :( :shock: lol

Postby dietcoke » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:20 am

Not sure if this will be helpful or not (due to personal tastes) but I buy a block of Lindt Dark chocolate. There's MUCH less in those blocks and being dark you don't need as much (but if you do accidently eat the whole block you shouldn't feel too guilty). I break off one square, break the square into 4 pieces and 1 at a time let the little piece melt on my tongue. If you chew it, you wont taste it. I used to hate dark chocolate but that brand is so rich and velvety...

DAMMIT! Now you got me wanting chocolate!

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:22 pm

But one frog at a time, or if you buy a packet keep it in your car it's winter atm so it wont melt

Postby madeline » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Chelle wrote:But one frog at a time, or if you buy a packet keep it in your car it's winter atm so it wont melt

Yep. I only buy one frog at the time... and only when it's offered as a fundraiser too (which happens a lot in my area). So it makes you feel twice as good when you eat it! I think if I bought a packet it would be gone in a couple of days :oops:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby Maraver » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:11 pm

Yes its tough don't buy it

Postby Lala » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 am

Someone on this forum suggested ages ago to get Mars Bar Lites and put them in the freezer.
They are horrible to eat when they are frozen so you have to wait for them to defrost. It works really well for me. Often i can just have a cuppa or something because i can't be bothered waiting, but if i'm desperate they are there!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm

rather than buy a whole bag, can you maybe buy just an individual one each day - maybe incorporating a walk to the shop in order to get it??? it will probably make you think twice as well.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby johanus » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Do you know that chocolate induces the production of serotonin,? thats a 'feel good' substance naturally produced by your body and probably has a lot to do with the 'need'. Think about something else in your life that might produce emotional satisfaction, like going to bed with a good book, (or with someone who has read one.)

There is a new product on the market (Laws Clause: I'm so impressed with it I distribute it), all natural ingredients, that elevates serotonin and suppresses appetite. Yes, I still enjoy chocolate.

Postby chubba momma » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:16 pm

I have the same problem with everthing not just chocolate! Biscuits, cake anything if i want one i end up eating wa too much! We haev to have lollies in our house (my partner is diabetic and we need them incase he has asugar low) so now i get him to put them on the shelf i cant reach (im a short person). even though i could still get to the shelf with a chair it ell myself NO NO NO!! and if i feel liek eating something like that then i try to distarct myself doin something else
chubba momma

Postby Zero » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:11 pm

Heres my tip:

Go to the Lindt shop and buy 99% cocoa chocolate.ONLY HAVE A TEENY TINY BIT. Eating that stuff is painful but u do get the cocoa fix and u actually get turned off chocolate. I havent craved chocolate ever since i tasted that stuff.... EVEN during my time of month.
Start Weight (from beginning): 71
Current Weight: 63.00
Weight lost so far: 8.00
Goal Weight: 55.00

8 kilos left.

Return to Diet Talk