It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

new user

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

new user

Postby mandy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:24 am

hey, having a really hard time trying to lose weight , i tried tony ferguson to expensive can anyone help me i need help with my bread which sort to buy and having trouble cutting the sugar out of my diet. help.
mandy

Postby mistix » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:15 am

Hi! I'm pretty new too. But you shouldn't eat any bread at all. Cut it all out.
mistix

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:48 am

hey mandy welcome to the group. yeah i find some programmes are quite expensive. i am a stay at home mum and cant afford things like that. anyway, i think you can still eat breads but just watch how much you are consuming. steer clear of white bread and go for breads with wholegrains. i think the burgen bread is really nice - a few dollars a loaf but its quite filling, the slices are thickish but small. eat lots of fresh foods "fresh is best" lol. like vegetables and lean meats. maybe make a big pot of vegie soup :)

best wishes and sing out if you need anything
kate_turner2000

Postby mandy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:22 am

hi kate thanks for your advise i to am a stay at home mum, i have tried the burgen bread but my kids wont eat any grain bread so i really dont know which one to buy. i started changing my eating pattern last year i ate really healthy for about six months and i lost about 15 kg but these last few months i have fell of the wagon as they say and have started to put some of my weight back on. it is really hard trying to get back on track. tony ferguson is good but as soon as you start eating normal food again you put the weight back on. plus its to expensive. my teenage daughter was on it as well and she has fallen into the same pattern as well. we really need help its just soooo hard. :cry:
sorry for so down and out.

kate_turner2000 wrote:Image
hey mandy welcome to the group. yeah i find some programmes are quite expensive. i am a stay at home mum and cant afford things like that. anyway, i think you can still eat breads but just watch how much you are consuming. steer clear of white bread and go for breads with wholegrains. i think the burgen bread is really nice - a few dollars a loaf but its quite filling, the slices are thickish but small. eat lots of fresh foods "fresh is best" lol. like vegetables and lean meats. maybe make a big pot of vegie soup :)

best wishes and sing out if you need anything
mandy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:05 pm

hey mandy come to think of it i think its sunblest in the white packaging do wholemeal bread but its white. they have it written on the packaging something about white/brown. this way your kids should eat it because its "white" but really is brown. also if you buy pasta buy the wholemeal one. they wont know once its cooked and the pasta sauce is on it. i tricked my fiance by doing that and he didnt know the difference.

it is hard mate. if weightloss was easy there wouldnt be so many people with weight issues in the world. you can follow the same sort of principles as tf by eating lots of vegetables and salads and lean meat. snack on ham and eggs as well as salad and vegies and just have reasonably portions of breads cereals and pasta. drink heaps of water! it really does help :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:35 pm

Hey Mandie and welcome aboard the forum......

On the bread issue...if you kiddos won't eat the bread you buy get yourself a loaf and portion it out in packs of 2 in either cling wrap or a freezer bag, pop it back in the loaf packet and freeze it...that way you can still be eating the bread that you like and the kids have the white bread....although white bread is not favourable, don't try and force it upon them...maybe try and give them a sandwich that is one slice white and one grain or wholemeal??

I am also a SAHM and I always got the guilts over buying myself something different to everybody else, but my husband sat me down on day and made me realise that I was just as important as everyone else and if I needed something different to what they ate then I should fit it into the weekly shopping budget...one loaf of my favourite bread lasts up to a week or more, my cereal lasts up to 3 weeks for me, so in the long run it is not really that expensive..... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Diet Talk