It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:48 am

Free Newsletter

Camellia (Tea Oil) works for me

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Camellia (Tea Oil) works for me

Postby Jan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:19 pm

I have always felt full after eating, which is sometimes a good thing LOL, but really I don't like the feeling of indigestion etc.

Anyway I went to a Chinese Medicine man and he put me onto a new type of cooking oil called Camellia Tea Oil - its organic also..

Its now at the supermarket from Coles in the health section so its easy to get hold of, which before it was only in the small health shops.

But get this, any food I cook in this Tea Oil always leaves me feeling good, no indigestion! It has really made a difference, I feel better about eating and don't feel heavy and bloated after meals.

Anyway I know you all like facts, so I got a few for you. Its higher in monousaturated fat than olive oil 80%+, has less saturated fat than olive oil, tea antioxidants, Omega-9 and a high smoke point. I dont know why this makes it better for my stomach but it is not thick and oily like other oils, actually seems lighter - maybe this is the reason.

It seems to be an ancient healthy cooking oil used in Asia for thousands of years and I also found that Gwenith Paltrow even used it on her skin for stretch marks after having Apple.

Its great for cooking, anyone else tried this stuff?

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Thank's for the information Jan.

Postby yummymummy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:50 pm

sounds like you have shares in the stuff!!

nope never tried it/never heard of it

Postby Jan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Just putting it out there!

Return to Diet Talk