It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 am

Free Newsletter

generous chistmas rellies

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

generous chistmas rellies

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:20 am

we all know it's going to happen - Nanna passes round the biscuits and forces one or ten on you, you're given the biggest box of chocolates you've ever seen by your aunt gertrude, the chrissy dinner host has made enough food to feed the entire third world and you are frowned upon if you don't 'do your bit'.

How do you get around the gifts and expectations with food?

I can almost guarantee I'll get a box of biscuits from the bloke's parents. They don't eat sugar becasue I think they're both allergic (his mum can't even eat apples!!!), so I can't even pass them round to get rid of them out of generosity!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:33 pm

write a list now of what you can eat, that won't make you gain weight. I found if I avoid things that contain flour I'm more successful.
My sister will carry around with her a plastic container of nibblies (just for her) it will have some chopped up apple some grapes some chopped up celery, carrot and capsicum.
When otheres have a cuppa and cake or biscuits just take out your nibblies box so you don't feel left out.

When my mother provides cakes and biscuits I just take one bite, then whilst they are all talking I quickly slide it over to Georges plate.

let us know how you manage
Dolly

Postby dragonfly » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:42 pm

thats a good idea about taking one bite then giving it to yuor partner. i hate coffee, so i might nibble a chocolate and say ewww I got a coffee one, even if it isnt, lol and give it to him. I guess theres always the kids to give it too.
or when teh cookies come out, make a dash for the toilet, saying..ooh too much to drink, then when you come back the cookies will be all eaten!!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

I love your sisters tip

Postby Lesley » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi Dolly, I love what your sister does. Boy is she prepared having her own bowl of nibbles so she doesn't overeat on Chrissy biscuits, nuts etc. They say that if you don't plan you plan to fail. I guess your sister plans to succeed and is, especially when planning for days like that. Tell her well done. We can all take a leaf out of her book.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Life is all about choice. Good choices lead to a great life!
Lesley

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:31 am

As predicted, the bloke and I got a big tin of choc chip bikkies for Chrissy!! :roll: My dad spied them and so there's a few gone. The rest will go in the bikkie jar for the bloke's lunch.

I think i did pretty well and only had maybe 1/3 max of the badness that was offered me.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:03 pm

Well done Tegan
Dolly

Return to Diet Talk