It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

The Importance of Drinking Water

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

The Importance of Drinking Water

Postby Dolly » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:43 pm

The importance of drinking water to help you lose fat.
Click Here - http://members.aol.com/SaveMoDoe2/importance.htm
Last edited by Dolly on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 pm

Interesting read, thanks Dolly. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby BigM » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:37 am

if you drink plenty of water (like before meals) you sort of feel fuller too :)

From the site:

Water and WeightLoss
Since water contains no calories, it can serve as an appetite suppressant, and helps the body metabolize stored fat, it may possibly be one of the most significant factors in losing weight. It's fat -free, cholesterol-free, low in sodium, and completely without calories. Also, drinking more water helps to reduce water retention by stimulating your kidneys. Studies have recommended that if you are overweight according to average height and weight comparison charts, you should add one glass of water to your daily requirement (of eight glasses) for every 25 pounds over your recommended weight.
Dehydration leads to excess body fat, poor muscle tone & size, decreased digestive efficiency & organ function, increased toxicity, joint & muscle soreness, & water retention. Water works to keep muscles and skin toned.
BigM

Postby cherubs3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Great find Dolly!!
I don't really like the taste of water.. But I find if I drink it chilled, with a slice of lemon, I'ts actually quite nice..
Also.. Apparently, drinking a warm glass of water first thing in the morning, is suppose to help weight loss too..?
Could you please help me with my ticker? I still can't work it out!! :oops:
[url][code][list=][img][/img][/list][/code][/url]
cherubs3

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 pm

you've already figured out how to make one, now all you do is go to your profile (follow the link at the top of the page, but I see you've figured that out).

then copy and paste the code into the signatures section, where you have that fantastic quote and it will come up every time. (To copy and paste, highlight the whole of the bb code at the ticker site with the mouse, press "Ctrl" + "C" , then go to the signatures section on this forum and press "Ctrl" + "V")

Hope you can follow that :)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby cherubs3 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:45 pm

Great find Dolly!!
I don't really like the taste of water.. But I find if I drink it chilled, with a slice of lemon, I'ts actually quite nice..
Also.. Apparently, drinking a warm glass of water first thing in the morning, is suppose to help weight loss too..?
Could you please help me with my ticker? I still can't work it out!! :oops:
cherubs3

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:03 pm

Still not working for you, I think one of the mods will have to help you as I think they can see in to your settings.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:50 pm

hi Cherubs3.
Here's a site to help anyone practice how to copy and paste - http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

If you click on anyones TickerFactory.com graph, it will automatically take you to the site that has all the ticker graphs to choose from.
When the page opens click on Weightl Loss, then step by step follow the directions until you see a page with lots of codes on it.
Select the bbCode by left clicking your mouse over the code writing until it is all blue. Then click the right mouse button over the blue bit you just selected. A drop down file will appear, click on the word copy. The bbCode information is now in your computer waiting for you to paste it somewhere.

Go back to the forum your usual way, then when you reply to a post, at the end of it just right click your mouse again and this time click on the word paste. When you hit the submit button your beautiful ticker will be revealed.

Another way, is to scroll to the top of the page and click on the word Profile.
You will have to type in your password everytime you add or take something on your Profile page.
Then scroll down to where you have your motivational message and right click in that window and click on the word paste.
Then go to the bottom of the page and click on submit.
This should make your ticker visable after each post.

Everytime you wish to change your ticker, you just go back to the same Profile page.

Good Luck.
Dolly

Postby kymbahlee » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Sorry Dolly but I can't help it, that topic title is too funny:
The Importance of Dinking Water

In my part of the country 'dinking' is giving somene a ride on the handle bars of your bike.

I agree taking water when you are riding a bike IS important but important enough to get its own topic?
:lol:

Hope you all share my sense of humour!
kymbahlee

Postby Dolly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:24 am

Dinking
Thanks Kim,
I hadn't noticed that I'd spelt it wrong, that'll teach me to stop denying I need glasses.

I just went back and corrected the title spelling.
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:10 pm

Hey Cherubs3..

After you have been to whatever site you are making your ticker on, go to your profile page, scroll down to signature (i think its called) and paste in the BB code that the ticker site has given you.. then somewhere on the profile page there should be an option for disabling BBCode - make sure that it hasnt been disabled.... and it should work 8)

If not, I have no idea :lol:

Emma :)
emma21

Postby emma21 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 pm

It should be a bit further down the page

"Always allow BBCode"

I just checked
emma21

Return to Diet Talk