It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

I cant bring myself to eat..

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

I cant bring myself to eat..

Postby BusyMum » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:09 am

I know it is rediculous and not eating gets you no where. I have even read that not eating has the opposite effect and you can put ON weight as a result. But I just cant bring myself to eat this morning. I haven been up for 2 and a half hours (KIDS! :evil: ) and the whole time I have been thinking that I should eat breakfast. But I cant. We had a blow out last night - KFC :cry: . So maybe that is the reason. But someone please tell me that I need to eat..
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby ali » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:33 am

You NEED to eat!

Hehe, hope that helped.

But its true, if you starve yourself then your metabolism will slow down and start holding onto your fat stores. So dont starve yourself!

Just have a small bowl of cereal or something, even if it is a small portion, just to kick start your metabolism for the day.

Hope this helped! :D :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby sassi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am

are you hungry angela? i agree that you should have something - it's so important to have breakfast, but if you're not really hungry why not have some sort of milk drink or a glass of juice. even better, maybe just a piece of fruit?

i'm trying to think of things that are easy to eat and also good for you! the juice isn't great, but at least it's something to get you started!

a banana smoothie would be great - sometimes i chuck in a tbs or something of oats to give me some more fibre :)
sassi

Postby BusyMum » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:55 am

Thanks girls.

I just went n had a shower (my thinking place) and I decided that I should eat breakfast because today is the first day of my new life/ lifestyle. So I am now sitting in front of the computer thinking about what i should put on my shopping list for the coming week and most importantly, EATING BREAKFAST - just a small bowl of uncle toby's fibre plus with full cream milk ( :cry: it is all we have in the fridge at the moment).
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby sassi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 am

yay! it doesn't matter so much what it was (the full cream milk), it's the fact that you had it & have started on creating a really good habit :)
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:32 pm

omg you sooo need to eat angela. especially being a busy mum. i never used to eat breakfast but now i make myself and i actually enjoy it! its claled breakfast for a reason- Breaking the fasting you have been doing overnight whilst you have been asleep. the kfc is done and today is a new day. to get your metabolism to help you lose the weight you need to kickstart it with breakfast.
it can be daunting eating to lsoe weight when we have always thought that we are eating which is why we are putting on weight. i sometimes dont even eat enough with all the exercise i do! but if you dont eat your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything (including last nights kfc!).
kate_turner2000

Postby madeline » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:00 pm

Maybe drink something instead? milo (has low GI and is pretty filling) I used to feel sick if i ate early in the morning, so I used to just drink milo until about 10:30am-11:00am then eat something. Also if you can't find time to sit and eat, it's a good option.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Return to Diet Talk