It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Need help picking foods!!!

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby madeline » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:03 pm

I would go subway over sushi, get a 6" and cram it full with yummy salads and meat... on paper it's more cals but sushi goes straight through you (i used to eat it every 2 days), and you'll be more likely to be starving in a couple of hours.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby shelbel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:39 am

I know most ppl are dead against maccas, BUT their lean beef burgers really arent all that bad! They are actually nice, taste wise and not too bad health wise, i cant tell you the cals off hand, but they are 5 points in ww!! LOL :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:47 am

shelbel wrote:I know most ppl are dead against maccas, BUT their lean beef burgers really arent all that bad! They are actually nice, taste wise and not too bad health wise, i cant tell you the cals off hand, but they are 5 points in ww!! LOL :D

can i ask what is exactly on a lean beef burger? those new backyard burgers look crap!
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:58 am

Its the usual lettuce, tomato cheese thing, but im pretty sure its low fat cheese and sauce and the patty is lean mince, i'll probably have one today so i'll check the cals and sat fat if i remember. But to put it in prospective on ww its the same points as a junior burger!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby madeline » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:41 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:
shelbel wrote:I know most ppl are dead against maccas, BUT their lean beef burgers really arent all that bad! They are actually nice, taste wise and not too bad health wise, i cant tell you the cals off hand, but they are 5 points in ww!! LOL :D

can i ask what is exactly on a lean beef burger? those new backyard burgers look crap!

As a former high school maccas employee let me just say DON'T GO NEAR THOSE BURGERS. The sauce smells like permanent marker, the "cheese" is seriously not cheese & the patty is tasteless because it's been drained of all it's fat i.e. flavour.

I would go for the nuggets if you wanted anything from maccas. They are cooked frequently so you're likely to get fresh ones, and they're not that bad for you. A large or medium diet coke (or McCafe coffee- NOT espresso pronto... there were maggots in the machine at one store and DEFINTELY not the refill stuff... god that stuff is pure p iss plus it can sit there ALL DAY) and a 6 or 9 nugget pack with sweet and sour sauce. yummy :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Previous

Return to Diet Talk