It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

food help

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

food help

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:53 pm

well ive been exercising and eating good but the kilo's aqint moving
im doing ww points,
can u recommend foods i should focus on more
good ways to hide vegies and
how much exercise and
what exercises should i be doing every day
thanks ahead,deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 pm

more vegies, focus on smaller servings of lean meat, less highly processed foods (breads, cakes etc) less sugar and fats (including cheeses, butter, cream, most dips etc)??

do you do a food diary??
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 pm

make sure you keep tabs of your portion sizes, drink water!! its not an easy thing to lose weight deb just keep at it mate
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 pm

Maybe you should tell us what you are eating and we'd have a better idea of what to suggest or how to help :wink:
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 pm

brekkie: either - sultana bran, weet bix, nutri grain or a celebrity -slim shake
lunch: either - 2 pieces of frozen crumbed fish (its in a blue box) with 2 pieces of multigrain bread or a cheese/tomato/lettuce/ and meat sandwich on multigrain bread or a fruit salad and yoghurt
dinner: tomato paste with ravoli or minute steak on bread with cheese/tomato/lettuce or a celebrity shake or crumbed chicken
snacks of fruit or yoghurt thru the day
i drink atleast 1lt of water a day but would like to drink way more and most days do.
this is what i have been doing the last 2wks, feel free to add anything or suggest backing up on some things if u think i need it.
i try and walk 1/2hr in mornings, a work-out dvd and weights nightly, and every hour thru the day i try and do 20 squats, 20 lunges, 40 crunches, 20 push-ups, 5mins of jogging around the house
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:08 pm

One thing that strikes me is that your diet seems to be meat and cereal based with fruit on the side. I'd suggest perhaps reducing the meat a bit and adding some more vegies??

That's just on a quick squiz...anyone else concur?

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:13 pm

I stick to ww points to make sure im eating enough, im not a vegie eater much, i like potatoes, carrots, tomato and lettuce only unless i have it in a stir fry or there hidden. I love fruit and yoghurt mmm maybe a little to much hehe
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:15 pm

maybe have a squiz at some of the recipes in the healthy recipes section. I've put a few in there that are vegetarian and high in flavour and goodness!! be a bit creative and you might amaze yourself with what you like!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:25 pm

thanx
soon2bayummymummy

Postby shelbel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:49 pm

I do ww points too, and i know you guys will bag me out, but i dont eat vegies! I might eat a tomato on a sandwich or such every other day, but thats about it. This is not to say you shouldnt of course! Its a personal thing and i dont really suffer for it. Now im ducking my head to take the telling off!

back to you soon 2 be, this is your thread after all! Do you have a points guide book or calculator?? I dont eat anything without checking it! Some foods can be very deceptive. Weetbix are great, filling and low points, but be sure your using skim milk! With other cereals its tricky, just watch your serving sizes, i had a habit of pouring massive bowls and saying, 'yep thats 1.5 points' when really its more like 4! 2 of the best finds are I & J flame grills (fish) 1 point per fillet and Ingham Lite chicken 1.5-2 pts per piece, and they are yummy to boot! In the freezer at the supermarket.

Also check the points in the celebrity slim shakes! the only other thing i can suggest is weigh and measure everything for a week so you get to see just what the servings really are, and track, track, track. :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:18 pm

I mainly like tomato and lettuce on my sandwiches but other than that i dont think about eating them. i take centrum tablets so do u think im missing out on much if i dont eat many? I do have a ww calculator but i should really weigh my foods more often. I only have skim milk/lite milk with a home made milkshake but i do measure and count my full cream milk with my cereal.
The shakes are 3.5pts.
I track my points everyday.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

thats ok im not much of a fruit eater and ive had people on this forum bag me out for it! LOL i dont care.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:04 am

LOL - no bagging out around here. If it's working for you good!!That was just the thing that jumped out at me - vegies tend to be full of fibre, so they are filling and generally have low calories and low fat content. Pulses are also high in protein.

But I grew up in a vege household and barely eat meat!! I do however have a houshold rule that you cannot say "but I don't like X" unless you've tried it. That said, if someone just can't stand say peas and they may vomit if fed them, I won't serve it. i ALWAYS ask if there is anything people don't/can't/won't eat and cook around that.

It's always better IMHO to get your "vitarils and minimums" as the bloke says, from a food source than a pill, but that SHOULD be keeping up to your needs if you really don't like vegies. don't be scared to get creative though if your only objection is that you don't like steamed veg - there are so many other ways to eat vegetables!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby madeline » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:55 am

I'd say eat a little of what you like in moderation... I've done all kinds of different diets in the last 4 months including:

- vegetarian
- the fruit diet (mainly fruit & veg, no meat, dairy, sugar)
- the hot diet (no cold drinks or unheated/baked food)
- low carb (no pasta, rice, bread)

After all this, the thing that really works is just eating what you want, whether it be a can of soft drink, a cheeseburger from maccas or a plate of pasta. Now the catch to this is the "compromise". So if you want a whopper from hungry jacks, you get a cheeseburger instead, so you still have your hungry jacks but it's not so bad for you. If you want pasta, put a tomato based sauce on it (e.g. primavera), not dairy based (e.g. carbonara). If you want soft drink, consider a can, not a bottle as it is a smaller portion.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby yummymummy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:34 pm

My only suggestion is maybe swap the crumbed meat/fish for a non-crumbed version. I pick up fish fillets for a decent price from the fish section of coles and cook them up just as qick as a crumbed fish - when I buy them I freeze themof in single portion sizes so I can pull one out for lunch/dinner easily
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Next

Return to Diet Talk