It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

Alcoholic Drinks

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:08 am

beer wise u can drink pure blonde which is a low carb beers . If u have spirits have them mixed witha diet drink ie diet coke lemonade . If u are a wine drinking u can have spritzer which is half winehalf lemonade . My mum is a non drinker but when we go to family bbqs she has gingerbeer. It looks like beer so she dosent lose out
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby invisigirl23 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:15 pm

I love beer, and unfortunatly as I love about 8+ when I go out it helped me to gain over 30kg in the past few years.

I also can't really just have 1 or 2, (which is another problem altogether ;-) ), so I find I just don't go out to pubs too much at the moment (which is impacting my social life a bit...).

Last night I tried the Vodka, fresh lime & soda in a tall glass... but I really liked the refreshing taste too much, so I mentioned it to a very fit male friend of mine who was also drinking them, and his trick is to order double vodka, fresh lime and soda in a tall glass... with lots of ice.

Sounds crazy, but it worked!!! The vodka was strong enough to make it yukky to drink fast, but the ice kept is chilled and it was still really refreshing!! 1 of these lasted the same time as 4 or so beers, so in essence I exchanged 524 cals (4 Coopers Pale Ales) for 122 cals (double shot of vodka)!!

I had a wonderful night, still got pretty drunk :? :lol: and as a bonus the hangover is VERY minimal (must be all the water!!).

Sorry for the long post, am just really happy today!

~~~4.2% of my bodyweight lost / 13% of my goal achieved~~~

Postby dietcoke » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:06 pm

That sounds really good. I can eat lime all on it's own and I only really every drink vodka.

But when you're at a bar and you can hardly hear yourself think, you have to scream into the ear of the barman - how do you explain that you want fresh lime, lots of ice, a tall glass PLUS remember and recite all of your mate's drink orders...sheesh it's such an effort just to scream

Return to Diet Talk