It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Free Newsletter

Pre-packed Meal Plans

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Pre-packed Meal Plans

Postby Arnie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:51 am

Been thinking about ordering pre-packed meals. Which ones have you tried and which ones tasted good enough to spend the extra money on?[/code]
Arnie

Postby madeline » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:03 am

I haven't... but lite n easy looks yummy on the ad :D
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 am

I havn't tried them but I'd love to do something like that, but with a family its too expensive. I think its great for people who are single or have a bit of extra money.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:12 pm

I dont know really...each to their own I guess! My aunty used jenny Craig and lost about 45 kgs but put it all back on when she stopped eating their food because she hadnt learned how to prepare her own lite meals etc.....but Ive heard a lot of ppl have had success with them and kept the weight off! :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Rustie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:49 pm

Lite and easy is soo yummy. Well atleast i think so.
My nanna eats it all thetime cause she is by herself and hates cooking for 1 person. Its kinda expensive but worth it i recon.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:10 pm

Only prob is, those meals, even though they're cooked and prepared in a kitchen and delivered fresh to you, are PACKED with sodium, it's unbelievable!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Arnie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:07 am

Ok so it's either lite and easy or Jenny Craig... Thanks guys. Now off to compare which one's cheaper and I'll go with that. :)
Arnie

Postby MissE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 am

I find it disturbing that Lite n Easy is totally out for me because I'm allergic to MSG and all their meals have it in. The only other place you find that much MSG is in shonky chinese food...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby talia11 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm

I do Lite N Easy and it is fantastic - and people say it is expensive - but the full 7 day meal plan works out at $17 a day - I worked out I was spending more than that buying food...

As far as MSG goes - none of the breakfast or lunchs have MSG (I just checked the ingredient guide) and neither do the dinners (even the asian ones).

And even though they do have a bit of sodium - alot of the meals have a lot less than others so you can choose if it is an issue.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:00 pm

I have tried both!

Lite and easy is great - however, whilst they teach you portion size... They don't help you along the journey. It is food and simply food.

Jenny Craig involves the food... And advice... And weekly weigh-ins and monthly measurements.

I guess it is a very personal thing. I personally don't need help with my food... I know what is good for me - even if I choose to sometimes ignore that. I, however, need the emotional guidance. Someone to tell me that I am doing all of the correct things or lead me in the right direction.

Like I said, you choose what is more suited for your lifestyle. With me it would be Jenny Craig - not because I just started working for them... But because the guidance is there. On lite and easy - you are on your own. But that may suit you!!!

The food is great on both. It doesn't taste like you are on a diet at all!

Best of luck...
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Jisgone » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:03 pm

ive heard lite and easy is delish
which is cheaper?
Jisgone

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Depends... On what calorie plan you are on... And what food you choose etc etc. SO detailed!

But -

Lite n easy is $134/week for 1500 calorie plan

Jenny Craig is about $120/week for 1500 calorie plan (including everything I discussed before... But you have to buy a few of the items yourself (including fruit, yoghurt etc).
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby MissE » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 pm

talia11 wrote:I do Lite N Easy and it is fantastic - and people say it is expensive - but the full 7 day meal plan works out at $17 a day - I worked out I was spending more than that buying food...

As far as MSG goes - none of the breakfast or lunchs have MSG (I just checked the ingredient guide) and neither do the dinners (even the asian ones).

And even though they do have a bit of sodium - alot of the meals have a lot less than others so you can choose if it is an issue.

do you know the right additive numbers to check for? it wont be listed as MSG.

They may have changed since, but about a year ago I called them to try it and they asked about food allergies and I told them MSG and they said 'sorry, you cant have our meals' and I said 'cant i just get the ones that dont have it?' and they told me there werent enough that didnt...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:59 pm

I just had a quick look and I could only find a couple with Flavour enhancer 621 in it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby talia11 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:34 pm

yep its 621 - it is pretty much the dressings mostly that have it....
and as for dinners there are only 4 out of 60+ meals that have it - so I would say that is a pretty good break down... and I guess they are always changing the meals in every diet plan all the time so that is good progress!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Next

Return to Diet Talk