It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:07 am

Free Newsletter

Where does your bread live?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:33 am

Hahaha.... yes most of my bread ends up in my stomach also :lol: But, that which I manage to salvage goes straight into the freezer. I guess cos I'm the only one eating it (I live alone) it takes a while to get through, so mould would certainly grow if I left it out!

Postby tamlee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:59 am

We go through around 2 loaves a day of bread, four hungry little mouths to feed and a hubby who loves sangas LOL! I buy around two loaves of multi grain bread (which ever one is on special) a week, I only keep it for 3 days, if there is any left the horses get it.

If I find a brand on special I will freeze it, works well for me and the kids but the hubby complains (eh typical hey!). My bread normally sits on the microwave cupboard.

Postby Misstoodles » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:13 am

A couple of loaves go in the fridge and the rest get frozen for later. Seems to work fine for us. But there are 4 of us so a loaf doesn't last long.

I miss our old freezer, we had an awesome one that you just can't seem to buy anywhere anymore, we could buy up on the specials and just freeze it all.

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:12 am

i have 1 in the freezer and the other in the cupboard . Needed for school / creche lunches . I find if its in the cupboard away from heat / light it keeps under a week but it usually doesnt last that long
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to Diet Talk