It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Free Newsletter

The water insanity

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby MissE » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:21 am

I think theres something wrong with me, I drink 3-4 litres of water a day, and usually a couple cans of diet drink too. Then theres 2 or so cups of tea, and a couple coffees....
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby local mike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:58 am

Well the Coke and the tea are both diuretics, so the extra water you're drinking will be helping to offset the affect of both of those anyway. So that's a good thing!
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Postby Cass101 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 pm

LOL I had to laugh, Because of my eczema and dry skin I am 'encouraged' to drink at least 4lt of H2O a day, more in humid or dry hot conditions! Lucky I LOVE water hey! I drink 2lts before lunch and usually have had at least 1lt before I even leave the house!!!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Wow thats heaps of water!!!! Wish i could get that good. Atm im managing drinking just over 2ltrs a day which i think is good considering i have been on my diet two weeks. Im finding now if i dont have my water i get dry quiet easy. Today is the frist time in 3 weeks that i had a soft drink! :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Cass101 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 pm

You sound like your doing great on the H2O path tummygirl! lol I have some soft drink (diet of course) nearly every day, I wish i could cut that out but i cant!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm

I dont drink diet soft drink I drink the real stuff but cut it back to about 3 glasses a week and thats friday, sat and sunday. Dureing the week ill only drink water and juice (juice is only to keep my iron up)

By the time i get to soft drink day i cant wait lol as i used to drink only doft drink!!!!
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby bee » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:20 pm

apparently a lot of the time when you feel hungry your body is actually asking for hydration and not food... so the reason drinking a lot of water is always advised when dieting is so you only feel hungry when you actually are and don't have to deal with unnecessary cravings. Plus all the good reasons in the article above.
:wink:
bee

Re: The water insanity

Postby yummymummy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm

Bread-Monster wrote:Other animals in the animal kingdom only drink when they're thirsty, why do we force ourselves to drink even when we're not thirsty?

Insanity, all of it. Argh!

you got to remember that we are the only species that process our diets, so our water needs are higher. also, our anatomy is much higher than most outher animals and we have a much longer intestine so again our needs will be different.
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:22 pm

My doctor told me: Everything we eat has water in it. We get a lot of water from just normal eating. 2L a day is what you need, but that includes the water you get out of your food. So drink when you're thirsty. Drink when you feel like it. That's all you need to do.

I drink water a lot though, cos I drink it when I get hungry. I also like the feeling of flushing my body. The way I think about it is that the fat that you "burn" turns into the yellow stuff in your wee, and when you go to the toilet that's how you get rid of it. It dissolves in water, that's how it gets from your cells through your blood to your kidneys and then bladder. So the more you drink, the more of those little soluble bits are going to get picked up and taken away. :)

You've also gotta remember though, that every single substance in the world is toxic if you eat to much of it, and that includes water. If you drink too much, you will die. (Too much is quoted as somewhere between 5 and 20L, depending where you look.)
rivenriver

Previous

Return to Diet Talk