It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Free Newsletter

Calorie counting.. huh!?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby help6363 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:00 pm

luse_it_all wrote:that's really cool..

since cal king didnt work for me,, I tried another website.. and I really like it.. feels good to know what you're eating everyday..

am still not sure about the whole scale stuff and so on..
cuz i think it's an american website and the measurments are different...

but am giving it a go.. plus, I am planning on getting the calorie counting book as sooooon as i find a good bookshop..

wish me luck..

Spark people is another website that tells you the calories in food and even designs menus for you for FREE! :D

Postby luse_it_all » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 pm

hey, that website is awesome..

am on it and i love it!!

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:08 pm

With Calorie King, I'm just having a look at it myself. I also tried removing the .au from the address, and I got an American version. If you're not Australian or American, try adding whatever suffix your country uses, and see if they have a version. Like or or .de or .jp or whatever. Or try Googleing Calorie King and your country. See if it works.

Also Google a converter if you're having trouble switching between kilos and pounds, feet and centimetres, etc. A rough guide is 2.2 pound to the kilo (so if you weigh 100kg, you weigh 220 pounds), and 30cm to the foot (so if you are 180cm tall, divide by 30, you are 6 feet tall.)

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:10 pm

Actually, thought I'd add...

I have a quick question about calorie king - I put in what I ate today, and the fact that I went on a 2 hour bike ride. But the exercise cancelled out some calories, I think, so it thinks I haven't finished eating yet today... It's confusing me....

Return to Diet Talk