It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Ok guys - need your help big time.....

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Ok guys - need your help big time.....

Postby talia11 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 am

So hubby and I go on our P&O curise to New Caledonia in under two weeks (YEA!!) but I am sooooo worried about the food.....

They have a gym on board so we have committed to going every morning so exercise will be ok, but hubby keeps telling me about all of the good food and I am terrified....I don't want to be freaking out while I am on hols...I think I should be ok as I am very aware of my portions etc and don't want to ruin any of my recent good work...any tips???
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 am

I think as long as your exercising then don't worry too much!! Or you wont have a good time!!

I say eat what you like, but only have small amounts. Tell yourself your "sampling" it so you only need to taste it.

Go for walks up and down the decks, especially at sunset!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Cass101 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:07 am

Sounds like good advice to me! Enjoy your holiday!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby sassi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:44 am

how long is the holiday talia?

i think that you'll be fine - just make sure you do some exercise every day and, as you say, watch your portion sizes.

most of all, just relax & trust yourself to make good choices for the majority of the time :)

enjoy it!
sassi

Postby talia11 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:59 am

It is 7 nights/8 days....so the opportunity to blow it is definitely there..... :?
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby sassi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:05 pm

nah, i reckon you'll be fine - one week is okay! especially if you & your husband stick to your pact of exercising every day :)

i've never been on a cruise but maybe if you keep drinking lots of water & then go for a walk after each meal, that might help?
sassi

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:27 pm

Seriously? Don't stress!!! It's a holiday, after all!

Aim for the healthier options, and don't eat piles, but I reckon, if the cheesecake looks simple amazing, have a bit! Cuz it's a holiday! Have fun! Just because you eat some things you wouldn't normally, doesn't mean you'll binge and put on 10kg. If fact, in a week, you'd be doing well to put on 1kg, even if you binged several times. And besides, if it takes you an extra week to get to your goal (which is taking several weeks anyway), so what? You had fun on your holiday and relaxed and let go a bit and enjoyed yourself!! That's the point of a holiday, that's the point of life.

Don't stress! And HAVE FUN!!!
rivenriver

Postby Chief » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:30 pm

from the ticker in your siggy it looks like you have done so well, time to let your hair down for your holiday.

like others have said 'just dont go silly'. Have fun and enjoy your self.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
[/url]
Chief

Re: Ok guys - need your help big time.....

Postby help6363 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:34 am

talia11 wrote:So hubby and I go on our P&O curise to New Caledonia in under two weeks (YEA!!) but I am sooooo worried about the food.....

They have a gym on board so we have committed to going every morning so exercise will be ok, but hubby keeps telling me about all of the good food and I am terrified....I don't want to be freaking out while I am on hols...I think I should be ok as I am very aware of my portions etc and don't want to ruin any of my recent good work...any tips???

Wish I could help but me being me would forget about everything, enjoy myself and then worry about it when I return. SORRY!

Oh...have fun on your trip....Can you post some pics of your holiday when you return please?

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
help6363

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:56 pm

mmmemories are coming back :D ... when I was 20 my mum and dad paid for me to go on a P&O cruise as a birthday present. I had sooooooooo much fun, drank way too much alcohol and met some amazing people that I still keep in contact with. I had such an amazing time.

Are you flying down to Sydney to board the cruiser?

Just let your hair down and enjoy yourself. You've got some great plans to keep on track.

Don't forget all the dancing you'll be doing and swimming.

Ahh its bringing back memories....
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Macca » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:58 pm

I've never been on a cruise, but my uncle was a cruise junkie (2 every year, sometimes 3) ... and his addiction was based on the food.

His weakness was that while you're at sea it can be difficult to keep yourself busy. However, you can pretty much lob into a buffet any time of the day or night and pile up your plate - which he used to do.

He used to say he was a light eater on a cruise, because his portion sizes were smaller - but my aunt said his definition of light eater was to start when it got light and not stop until well after dark.

So, I think the thing is to limit your time in the food halls, and get out and do stuff when you are on the boat.

Otherwise, have fun and enjoy.
For the boys ...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5JBbeq/]
[/url]
Macca

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 am

That's a good idea, focus on the activities and all the other things going on around the ship. As for food, just pick out the healthiest options from the menu, or if you're at the buffet, just pick out the best foods or have smaller portions of the "treat" foods. I'm sure there will be mountains of salads, just fill your plate with that and there won't be room for much else. But make sure you do have the odd treat, it is a holiday after all. I am jealous!!
SarahC

Postby Jisgone » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:58 pm

im going on my cruise on the 4th, and having the same fears! im gone for 18 nights and the meals are mostly buffets :( and theres a pizza and ice cream bar!
u have to live tho! enjoy yourself, and remember your diet will still be there in a weeks time :) but the memories of how much fun u had will last forever!
Jisgone

Return to Diet Talk