It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 am

Free Newsletter

HELP

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP

Postby raiders07 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:09 am

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I am in urgent need of some help. My goal is to lose 13 kg and tone up. When I say tone up I don't mean enter the next Mr Muscle Competition, I just want to look respectable.

I am able to lose weight but find it hard to tone up, this is something that becomes quite irritating. I am able to exercise regularly but always struggle when making healthy food choices.

Overall I would like to tone up, lose 15 kg and strengthen all the muscles in my body so I do not wear down easily.

I would like to know if anyone is able to help me with what sought of exercises I could participate in from home or any particular food and recipies that you have found helpful (Preferably ones that are easy to prepare). I also own a set of dumbells.

Thankyou for your help.

Look forward to hearing your replies,

Cheers
raiders07

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:42 am

hey raiders welcome to the group. is your name after the canberra raiders? my fiance is a big fan of theirs. what sort of situation are you in? are you a married hubby with a family? or are you a teenager still living at home? i think it makes a big difference to how you approach things because of the people around you. i have a fiance and a child and i know that if i was still living at home and didnt have financial responsibilites like i do now, i would do lite n easy program because the meals are made for you and theyre healthy. and it would just suit my lifestyle better.

let us know a bit more about you and perhaps what you eat now and what sort of exercises you do so we can point you in the right direction
kate_turner2000

Postby raiders07 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:47 am

Nah not named after the canberra raiders sorry. I am 19 and still living at home. I go to work from 8-4 weekdays. So I have mornings and afternoons to do exercise.

I generally eat pretty healthy but I end up eating big portions so this is probably my problem. Also after I eat sometimes if I still feel hungry I will go and eat something else. This seems stupid now as I should probably let my stomach settle first.
raiders07

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 pm

maybe eat from a smaller plate? after eating wait 20 minutes before going for seconds to see if you really are hungry. put your knife and fork down between mouthfuls, and drink a big glass of water before sitting down to a meal.
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:04 pm

I also have trouble stopping eating - it's like "ooohhh, I soooo could have more of that" and then by the time I realise I've eaten 1/2 a horse!

Wait 20min - hard but it works - and have a big gass of water. I often find that once the taste disappears so does the hunger. Perhaps try having a mint or brust your teeth so you CAN'T eat more
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Diet Talk