It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Any Breastfeeding Mummies out there?

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Any Breastfeeding Mummies out there?

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:33 am

katerina wrote:Claudia

What a beautiful name... :)
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:35 am

Hi there,

Im not breastfeeding :( just didnt have enough supply and on top of that couldnt i was a bleeder!! but i do find it difficult to lose weight. when i was pregnant all i craved was fruit and veg (oh and the smell of ashtrays..yukk) after giving birth all i craved was JUNK.. and i mean i think i could have eaten Mac's everyday thank god i didnt otherwise i would have put on more weight... i lost 15kilos after birth within 2 weeks which was great.. i did hear that breastfeeding does help you lose weight but it works slowly, although as with everything you cant be eating anything and sitting around all day.. how old is your little one??? do you express and give as a bottle??? my friend has started expressing and she has gone from 70kgs to 65kgs in 2 weeks and she eats alot of chocolate and doesnt excercise.. that might help i dunno!!
Mummy84

Postby tzad2000 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:18 am

I breast fed both my boys one for 11 months & the other for 9 months. Breast feeding didnt help me to lose weight. With the first I excerised like hell to lose the weight. With the 2nd baby I had 7kilos to lose & I wanted to do Tony Ferguson as my hubby & sister were doing it but I wasnt able to due to the BF. I found Admin Censored instead. I was a bit skeptical to begin with but that went out the window after a few days. I went on the program, the shakes tasted great & I had not problem with energy or hunger & I was able to eat my normal dinner with my family without cutting out any food groups. With minimal exercise due to cold weather & 2 kids I was able to lose those 7kilos in about 10-12 weeks. Most importantly continued breast feeding for another 4 months.

Since being on the program I have actually met a few mums that actually did the Admin Censored program throughout their pregnancies purely for the good nutrition & benefit of supplementation not for weight reasons. They had great pregnancies & average weight gain. If I can convince my hubby to go for a 3rd I will do it with Admin Censored just to see what the difference will be pregnancy wise, weight wise etc.....
START YOUR JOURNEY TO GREATER HEALTH TODAY!!
http://www.journey2greathealth.org
tzad2000

Postby anaksedang » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:55 am

if you still breastfeeding, try to concentrate on that. Put your attention back to weight loss later...
anaksedang

Postby shark » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:53 pm

I'm breastfeeding at the moment, but with my last child I didn't lose any weight breastfeeding at all. I seem to be hungrier now than when pregnant too, eating all day! But i need to start losing some weight now, coz I'm too fat and unfit to keep up with my kids and I'm planning to breastfeed at least 2 years if I can.
shark

Postby tasha22 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello,

My name is Natasha and I am b/f my son who is 7 months and b/f has not helped me in anyway to lose weight, neither did it with my first two children. Unfortunately I lose a lot of weight when pregnant then during the months of b/f it piles back on 3 fold. :cry: I have just signed up to this forum for some motivation to help me stick to some kind of exercise (usually walking) it is hard but I have done it before so I am going to do it again! I feel my supply is dropping though my son has only just been introduced to food the last 3 weeks. I have gone from 64kg to 90 kg now keeping in mind 3 days after I gave birth I was only 72kg. The same thing happened with my other two. Hmm, I do lose weight quickly though when I try, I guess that is my problem I would rather cuddle up and read to my kids then exercise. Oh well I am now here to give it a go and good luck to everyone else out there!
tasha22

Postby Sebron » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi
I'm just bumping this thread as I am hoping to chat to any other breastfeeding mummas who are losing weight. My baby is 8 months old and has just started eating solids. I don't plan on weaning my bub any time soon either.
I eat reasonably well, I just really need to get more exercise in. I need to make time for it :roll:
[/url]
Sebron

Postby hotmumma78 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:22 pm

yep - i have a 9 month old who i am still breastfeeding and since aug have lost 10kg through a place called losebabyweight.com.au

I am so happy i have lost so much - and I have another 3-4kg to go to get to my goal and rid myself of my belly fat for good! It hasn't been too hard either - I do a smoothie for brekfast and lunch have snacls all day and a high protein dinner with veggies. I have a big appetitie so it's been good not having to cut back food and you also still get to eat bread - it just has to be wholegrain not white.

AFter xmas I am going to try for baby number 2 so am very happy that I will have lost all the baby weight from number 1 by then!!
x
hotmumma78

Postby sizing_down » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm another bf mum. I bf my son for 18 months, had a few months off and then started with my daughter (they are 23 months apart). My son had major attachment issues, I had cracked nipples and pain but I stuck it out. With my daughter i haven't had any problems at all.

I'm losing weight well bf. I demand feed and always have and both my babies have been excellent feeders. They both also love food and once I introduced it to them at 6 months there was no looking back! but they've both continued to feed well and often enough.

I'm following WW and I find that even with the bf the bonus points cover my apetite- it has changed my diet so I fill up on veg, salads and fruit rather than crackers etc.

Exercise is always the challenge with kids. I got my Mum to buy me a stroller with a toddler seat attachment for Christmas (off ebay) so I could go walking with both kids at a reasonable pace (instead of a dawdle) and when the weather is ok that is great. I've also taken to doing exercise dvds either early in the morning while DS eats his breakfast and DD plays on the mat or late at night when they are both in bed. I've been meaning to take up a martial art as well but I hurt my knee so I've had to put it off.

After having DS I lost about 15kg and got much fitter, then I got pg with DD. She is 6 months and I've lost 10.1kg I still have 13kg to go but I'm feeling quite positive about getting there.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYY4HVE/]
[/url]

12 Week Challenge Goal 28th Febuary 2011 68.6kg

Starting weight: September '10 83kg
sizing_down

Previous

Return to Parenting and Weight loss